Shuttle FN41 mobo replacement?

dolemite

Beta member
The FN41 motherboard for my Shuttle SN41G2 shorted-out and I have had difficulty finding a replacement compatible with my Athlon 2100. Should I keep looking or just upgrade to a newer one? If I need to upgrade, does anyone have a recommendation for a decent cheap barebones kit? Keep in mind, I am not into gaming and performance is of little importance to me - I'm basically just using my computer for the internet and word processing.

I'd appreciate any input, and I hope you don't find my lack of computer knowledge annoying.

Yeah, I've been looking on eBay, but I haven't found an FN41 yet... And that board is discontinued, so I am not sure how long I'd have to wait for someone to list one. And maybe it's cheaper to just buy a new one? I'd definitely appreciate barebones recommendations!

^^ yeah thats the thing with ebay you are more likely to have to buy a whole new mobo and case , anyways about the barebones reccomendations post your price range and i'msure a lotta people will have reccomendations
EDIT>also say if you wanna shuttle barebone or another barebone and if you still only need it for web surfing etc

I don't care if it's a Shuttle or not. I am definitely not worried about performance either.

1)look on ebay again

2)are you in the uk,us or other

3)personaly if you want a normal desktop sized system i can reccomend dell or mesh.but personally if you want a desktop build your own , much cheaper and better flexability over components

4)also what is your price range

I live in the US.

Good to hear that a build is cheaper than buying pre-built!

Eh, I would like to build something less than $250 if possible.

sure thats posible ,i'm not in us so i dunno much about comp prices over there but over here i bought an AMD duron 1.1ghz with 640MB ram and other stuff for about $70 . would have been less but i wanted a hard drive upgrade for it , and guess what it runs windows xp fine so yeah you can get computers cheap if you just wanna internet terminal and word processor .Anyways ive gtg now but i hape somebody can reccomend you a decent build as im not too good with us prices and i dont know any good stores in the us .

BUMP anyone want to advise a cheap build for this guy he only has $250 and wants a comp for internet and word processing

Back
Top Bottom