Electronics in American homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
something here seems so very wrong. 6 computers (the server is included) in one house? 2 playstations? And brookfield, 3 TV's? :D It's like, how the hell do you need that much stuff?

Did you know that most modern PSU's in computers, will actually generate more electricity being switched on and off all the time, compared to just leaving them on all the time, it's called power optimizers, (marked as P.O+) normally on the PSU somewhere, although they can be expensive.

yes, that's true, as drives spin up from cold etc they will use more power, but I think it really depeds on the amount of time the system will be sitting idle for anyway, I mean obviously if you were giong to switch it off for a year, then it's different from turning off a computer for five monutes.

thats bad thing,becouse its cost alot of money for nothing.for example,when the computer work all the day thats not good and not important.

mammikoura said:
something here seems so very wrong. 6 computers (the server is included) in one house? 2 playstations? And brookfield, 3 TV's? :D It's like, how the hell do you need that much stuff?
Your comments are way out of line & unthinking, it's different when you're single. & choose to live on your own, I didn't choose, cruel fate did that for me, my home is never quiet, soft background music, when theres nothing on my THREE TV's!!, I have to have some sound to keep me company, sometimes I wake, & put an arm out, then remember that my wife's not there, so just think first please, sorry..... but I felt like speaking out.
What's the betting that you'll come back with something like "over the top as usual brookie"

I believe it, it's just going to get worse and worse. Unless they come out with a universal device that does everything.

didn't mean to offend you, but isn't 1 TV enough for 1 person?

And well if you want me to say it, yes that was kinda over the top. You know I didn't mean to offend you (or anyone else) with that post, so telling me I'm way out of line for saying that a) I don't think a family needs 6 pcs and 2 playstations in one house and b) that 1 guy doesn't need 3 TVs does seem kinda over the top.

mammikoura said:
didn't mean to offend you, but isn't 1 TV enough for 1 person?

And well if you want me to say it, yes that was kinda over the top. You know I didn't mean to offend you (or anyone else) with that post, so telling me I'm way out of line for saying that a) I don't think a family needs 6 pcs and 2 playstations in one house and b) that 1 guy doesn't need 3 TVs does seem kinda over the top.
OK. I'll explain that I miiss my wife every minute of every hour, every hour of every day, it's been 3,460 days, give or take a few for leap years, that she was buried, I need three TV's to keep me sane, they're a poor substitute for company, as I walk from room to room, sleep, huh, I get 4 or 5 hours if I'm lucky, before it was more like 8 or nine, now shut up & drop it please, if you complain about this post, tough!

Yeah I would say thats pretty average for a household.

As for having 3 TV's you would be surprised how many people have a TV in the bedroom, TV in the lounge and one in the kitchen thats pretty common place.

As for the computer, mine goes off when I am not in the house, and then pretty much when I get in it stays on, until I go to bed, and thats only because its too noisy and I can't sleep with it on. Other then that I just have the one TV in the lounge, my housemate has one in his room, and my computer also has Freeview.

Music is streamed through the house from my puter upstairs through the Xbox downstairs into the stereo system and also the surround sound setup if I so wish.

GlasseyeUK said:
Yeah I would say thats pretty average for a household.

As for having 3 TV's you would be surprised how many people have a TV in the bedroom, TV in the lounge and one in the kitchen thats pretty common place.
Thanks Joe, try telling that to Mammi, he's so abusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom