Computer Problem PLEASE Help.

Drain You

In Runtime
Ok, I opened up my computer to check to see if I had space for a floppy drive, and to get all the dust off. When I put the case back on and flipped the switch the fans turn on and the power supply light goes on for about a second, then everything turns off. I checked all the wires plugged and replugged, no luck. Any ideas whats wrong?

You didn't hit a pin, or something of the sort in the motherboard....also, can you try the power supply in a different computer to rule it out..

Matt

Make sure all peripherals such as video card, memory, etc are firmly seated in their slots. Also check for loose cables to your drives.

if the powersupply light goes out... you should check that first. Put in a new powersupply or test that one in a new computer.

Drain You said:
Ok, I opened up my computer to check to see if I had space for a floppy drive, and to get all the dust off. When I put the case back on and flipped the switch the fans turn on and the power supply light goes on for about a second, then everything turns off. I checked all the wires plugged and replugged, no luck. Any ideas whats wrong?
Tell us what exactly you did in there. If you just opened it up to look for space, and to blow off some dust, there should be no reason why the computer wouldn't work when you closed it back up.

Yeah that's a funny one, you sure you didn't hit anything on the inside that may of loosened a cable or something.

Yea, I honestly didnt touch anything when I opened it up, I have a 500 watt no name PSU that came with the case that im gonna try out just to see if its my PSU. I got a Rosewill 550Watt PSU so I shouldnt be having a problem with it. fairly new too, Ill let you know how I end up.

Back
Top Bottom