sleep learning?

boardordi3

Fully Optimized
hey has anyone tried those things where supposedly you can learn in your sleep by listening to tapes(or cds) with a different language and can help you learn vocabulary, now i believe that could help you, but i think it can only enhance it, i dont think that if you subconciously listen to tapes that you can recall from memory the translation of something in your mind, and i was wondering if anyone has ever tried it before i shell out $20 on cds lol

eh depends on your mind really. just like how some people can be hypnotized and some cant.

well how canyou tell if your mind is capable of it? do you havta be in a hypnotic sleep for it to work?

well you can try it. like my dad had these tapes that said you could remember everything from since you were born. sorta unlocks what is already in your mind. so i tried them and nothing lol.

either the tapes were crap or i wasn't the type of guy that it would work on.

well supposable they can work by repeating messages into your brain and supposable help people to do certain things for example quit smoking. its rather interesting but i really dont think they will help you learn new things but more then anything help you.

hmm interesting, its kinda late now, and i have school tmrw, but i might make up a simple recording and see if it helps or anything tmrw, but any opinoins from people who have tried it would be helpful

Is this thing true anyways?, cause i find it funny, when your sleeping and listening to cd's

well you first off to have it work properly, you need to tell yourself it will work.

a great example is this study they did on tylenol. they had 2 groups of 20 people all in which had gotten headaches very easily. one group was told that the pill they were given worked very well and cured relieved the tension of a headache within 10 minutes. the others were told that it might not have a great effect on them.

well the group who was told the greatness of the pill had about 85% of them with no headaches in about 15 minutes. the great thing is too that the pill was nothing more than sugar. so it does depend on what type of mind set you have placed on the substance.

Ronco Rox said:
well you first off to have it work properly, you need to tell yourself it will work.

a great example is this study they did on tylenol. they had 2 groups of 20 people all in which had gotten headaches very easily. one group was told that the pill they were given worked very well and cured relieved the tension of a headache within 10 minutes. the others were told that it might not have a great effect on them.

well the group who was told the greatness of the pill had about 85% of them with no headaches in about 15 minutes. the great thing is too that the pill was nothing more than sugar. so it does depend on what type of mind set you have placed on the substance.
yeah i read one time about a conspiracy that people were selling pills that didnt do anything, but just the mentality made people think that because they believed that it would help, their minds were at ease

My dad has tried those subliminal learning tapes, I forget exactly what it was, but it didn't work, for him anyway.

Back
Top Bottom