Detecting a Key Spy

mayorredbeard

Daemon Poster
I beleive a Key Spy, or some sort of program that logs my actions has been installed on my computer. MY question is what are surefire ways to detect a key spy or similar program on my computer.

I've checked the startup programs in msconfig, but i know programs can hide from this, correct? I've also run adaware and spydoctor, but they did not pick up what I hoped they would. Is their any other ways I can determine if my actions are being monitored by a key spy or similar program?

Make sure you're doing these scans in safe mode, I don't think they can hide themselves when you're in it.

Recently got a job at an office and i belong to a union, and one of the union benefits is an ethics policy that is agreed to by my boss(es). One part of the ethics policy is that my computers activity will not be monitored. I want to know if this is in violation, as well, i do do some "non-work related" things at work :p.

But this policy forbids them monitoring me. I think if one of my bosses installed it though, it wouldn't show up as spyware, would it?

like freestyle said, restart the computer, and hold down f12, i believe, and then start-up using "Safe Mode". I too believe they can not hide their functions if they are present. I don't know of any other ways to check, unless you just reformat the computer, tell IT it wasn't your fault, and then watch them install everything again.

You could one by one check what all your processes are, too. And if your boss is dumb it would be in program files.

also try searching for a log file as it must output to some kind of log , plus there are such things as hardware keyloggers they tries them at our schools till we destroys dem with powerfull magnets

AlexF1224 said:
You could one by one check what all your processes are, too. And if your boss is dumb it would be in program files.

As I said in my original post I already did that. It's not a physical key logger, I checked for one inside and outside my computer (more examples of me not doing my work at work :p )

I'll try scanning during safe mode, and i'll recheck my startup processes in safe mode. Any more reccomendations?

Back
Top Bottom