2 questions

the thing is when i first booted up my pc there was only 1 single short beep then after a couple of restarts the longer beep came in. also i was looking around in the bios and i changed a few settings would this cause the noise to occur?

its possible, but only if you changed settings pertaining to the RAM (seeing as how thats what the beeps say it is)

if your not sure what you changed, clear teh CMOS so it will load your defaults.

akshay313 said:
1. i bought 2 gigs of ram for my pc 2day when i boot up my pc it says " memory runs dual channel interleaved"
did i install it right?
what does it mean by interleaved

2. when i boot up my pc it makes this long (2 second) noise and then 1 beep afterwards. what does this mean
Your getting all Beeepped out,Hold on and listen....Interleaved is that you are using 2 dims and you are running at the highest speed,and also means you are using equal amount of memory in the dimm slots,Your band width will also be at its highest point.So this is all normal. :) You can go have a drink now and cool down,leave all your settings as is.

yea im jus worried about the long noise it makes. its not really a beep if u will, its odd noise kinda like a screeching noise. im not sure if it would be considered a beep.

The memory is fine, forget about it. Can ya describe the noise any better, could it possibly be one of your fans? Or ya HDD or CD drive spinning up?

its really loud but not exactly a beep. it doesn't sound like the beep it makes when it posts.
the weird thing is the sound varies every time i boot it up. sometimes its long continuous noises sometimes its just 1 long noise and sometimes its 1 short noise before the post beep.

Check that all ya fans, HDD, CD drives etc are screwed down tight. Ya can also check ya fans by, stopping them in turn for a second to see if the noise stops

k so the problem was the fan. for some reason my cpu fan stalls when i boot up. the noise is alarm for cpu fan failure.

now to find out why it stalls.....

thanks for the help every1

ive noticed that when i turn my computer off for long periods of time (at night) the fan constantly stalls on the first boot up. i have to shut it down and boot it up again and it works.

Back
Top Bottom