Big Trouble

avgjoe22

Baseband Member
Okay, I have to do this fast.

The other night, my computer randomly shut down. I started it back up, and upon my arrival to the "Choose OS" GRUB thingy, I was told that there was some Error 25, and Windows could not load.

I opened my tower, and checked all the connections.

Now it worked.

But after I started it up, my secondary hard drive began to eek out a noise, sorta like a fan was hitting a wire. :confused:

But I ignored it, as nothing I tried could stop it - and then things got REALLY weird...

The PC Shut down AGAIN. This time, if I tried to start it back up, power came on for about 1 to 2 seconds, and it shut down again. I unplugged my power strip, and later that day - it worked! Problem is, it periodically does this, and resets settings every time it does so.

I gotta post this before it happens again, but I will update details as I go!

Another weird thing, my new keyboard doesn't work on the boot loader anymore, but my old one does. Also, I can still access data on my secondary hard drive!

Dodgy PSU me thinks...

...got the correct wattage for what components you have? Or is it old? Computer details?

Honestly, I don't know. I know that the setup i have now has worked for over a year, and now - ???

:(

My Mentor and I Built it. The Linux seems fine, though...

What could be wrong???

Back
Top Bottom