upgraded pc case. How to connect usb and audio?

dickibobboy

In Runtime
Hello. I Upgraded my case for my pc and the new one has two usb ports on the front and audio and mic ports. These all have wires comming off. Two for each of the usb and about 5 for the audio all with names on. eg. mic. These are little small and black and look like they go into pins like my power and reset wires went into!.

Cannot see anywhere to go!. It is an old pc and the sound card is seperate and usb are on board. What do i need to do or buy to solve my problem

on my sound card there is one spare port where a cddrive audio cable would go.

Yes, they do. Are they individual plugs or a harness? Because mine came with a nice little harness that just plugged right up. Look on your motherboard for small clumps of about 8 or 10 pins I think, they will be in two rows of 4, or 5, or something along those lines. I'm not sure how exactly they all hook up on those pins, like I said, mine came in a harness that only plugged in one way. If you have information on your motherboard, you could probably look up a manual that shows you exactly how to do it. Sorry I can't help more.

Back
Top Bottom