Virus detected on my flash drive

kbd1222

Solid State Member
I have a SanDisk Cruiser Lock 2 and every time I open it detects a Trojan horse generic2.LBS
It says:
Virus detected while opening file:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wcdrtc32.dll
How can I get rid of this virus?
& is there any danger for my PC?
Thanks

first off, its not on your flash drive. notice the path name of the file. c:\ is the root directory of windows, not the flash drive's. just delete that file....

Well I do have an antivirus (AVG) and it detects it evry time I use the flash drive.No matter what I do-heal or remove the file from the virus vault -it keeps coming again and again!
I did find the file and deleted it but it didn't work-the virus is still there?What else can i do?

Thanx for your advice.I did run it in safe mode but it didn't work again...not only that but now I can not even open my files?!
Every time I try to open my flash drive it's showing me the following message:
Startup Failure:
CLZ1020:Cannot locate the application in its required location:G:\SecurDataStorRM\Files\SecurDataStor.exe
Any ideas?
thank you!

you could try reformatting the flash drive, only problem with that is if you have any important files then they'll be deleted.

How do I reformat the flash drive?I don't think i have any other choice...

just go into my computer, right click on the flash drive and hit format and then just go from there.

troy272 said:
just go into my computer, right click on the flash drive and hit format and then just go from there.

2nd that.

then go into safe mode and do a full scan with avg

Back
Top Bottom