Sell or keep and upgrade?

Frimon86

In Runtime
I've just about had enough of my wounderful beat for one reason. It can't handel BF2, when Im just having fun flying around (thanks to someone teaching me how to properly fly) Ive had loads more fun on the game and now Im known as a (jet hogger) lol because I am improving sharply, however, something ruins my fun. My computer because of the lag, I get lag spikes, screen blinks sometimes and then thats like a warning my computer saying (I dont want you to play this damn game) but I keep on playing and then boom, i lagg so bad the whole game shuts off and I have to restart the game and find the server in the server browser and then try again.

Heres my computer specs:
AMD 3500+
1GIG RAM
Gateway PC (forget what model)
Onboard graphics card 6100+

I forgot when I purchased it but I havnt had it over 6 months, so I was thinking weather I should sell[/b] the damn thing or keep it[/b] and upgrade it. By the way the os is windows media, and I know that os is for music but hey what the hell. I'm thinking about trying to find someone who is selling an P43.2 2 gig ram machine with a decent video card as well to replace the gaming beast I have.. I know AMD is the best system for gaming and system at that, but I asked around some other bf2 playing members and most of them had intels with no lag so I figured Id give intel a shot.

Please reply to this and let me know on WHAT i should DO!

the cpu is fine, it's your vid card that is the problem (and ram if you are trying to play on high settings) I'd just get a new vid card and you probably need a new psu too.

yeah onboard graphics are never very strong for gaming , i should know i have one

Whats a psu?

And what video card should I get?
I saw this: XFX 6800GT 256mb AGP Graphics Card but I think my boared is PCI can't I still run AGP? I dont want to pay too much for a video card, but is my pc broken? :( On other games it runs fine, like god runs like a champ but bf2 low settings, it runs like a loser and that is is.

Also what kind of ram do you recommend? I would of had 1 gbs from ebay but that ram didnt fit my pc. well I would of had to take out the ram that came with the computer so then I would have relaly had a loss, instead of 2gb i would of had 1 gbs.. again but heres my ram http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5928/ramxm7.png

PSU power supply ,
no the pc is fine just the graaphics card would need upgrading to play games
also you would have to consult your mobo as to agp and again with ram

and again with the questions you missed...

And what video card should I get?
And what kind of ram should I get, wheres what I got now and I want to be able to keep this ram inside and add more without having to remove this ram i have now.. http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5928/ramxm7.png

Im not getting a new psu, i think its fine now and it never heats up.

check and see if you have any agp/pci-e slots. If you have just pci slots then I'd think about selling the whole thing. Find out what mobo you have (maybe use everest or cpu-z) and google to find the specs, or just look inside the case to see what kinda slots there is.

psu = power supply unit.

And a 6800GT (at least the pci-e version) can run bf2 with full settings.
And no I don't think the pc is broken, the vid card just doesn't have enough power to run bf2 well.

And for ram, well the one on the picture you posted is a 512mb ddr400 stick. So you would want to get ddr400.

thanks for answering my questions.. ok so if i get another 2 ddr400 sticks that are pc3200 too i can keep the stock ram that came with the pc inside my pc and the ram i just got too right???

ok now for the video card.. i dun know how to explain.. ok so you know where you put your ram inside.. and it has thoese 2 clips on the side.. but that thing in which the ramactully sits in.. i got things like that but with no clips... one near the bottom of the pc and its black and the other one is near it and it white.. ill try and find a screenshot as i dont know where my camera is.. BUT my friend i purchased a Pci 5500GT BFG vidoeo card from him a while back.. is that better than my 6100 vid card????

MattieDaShark83 said:
Actually AMD is no longer the gaming machine of choice. Welcome to the new age of Intel and the Conroe!
F the core duo man, i dont care. Im going to work with that I got now so who gives a shat if amd is no longer the top i sure done... but thanks for the notice :)

Back
Top Bottom