Whos getting Vista

Not me!.....I won't be getting Vista anytime soon....not until after sp1 comes out anyway. Give them time to work out the bugs and make it better.

Plus, I feel it's pretty expensive, more expensive than an OS should be.

im still getting vista.... a first time release will ALWAYS have problems, so by shooting it down before it even comes out is normal. every os had and has problems. I say try it out yourself and then be the judge.

TRDCorolla said:
I have the RC1, but never installed it. I hate the hassle of reformatting and reistalling everything. Plus school is in session already so I don't have the time to do that. I'll just wait to get the final version sometime this year. I'm getting rid of my laptop too. It's a slow piece of junk and I'm thinking of selling it for $100 even though I paid almost $900 for it.

you don't have to reinstall/format anything..just install it as a second os...then when u don't want it anymore, uninstall the bootloader then get rid of all the vista stuff...

drumthrasher said:
you don't have to reinstall/format anything..just install it as a second os...then when u don't want it anymore, uninstall the bootloader then get rid of all the vista stuff...

How do you do that? Because I want to load XP on right now as well as vista for compatibility issues.

actually...i'm not sure how...partition i guess?
since it will be out soon i wouldn't worry about it yet...just stick with xp for now.

Well when I ordered a Dell computer - I got a free upgrade to Vista on the 31st January. The only thing is - the online ordering system for the upgrade does not accept some of the system codes that are meant to be accepted.

Dell said they were going to fix it before Christmas but it's still not working!

Back
Top Bottom