Software help

sciencewiz01

Beta member
I have a Palm Zire 31. I just got a new computer and it is really good. It has 1 gigabyte RAM, 250 gigabytes of Hard Drive, Windows XP Media Center Edition. So it is really good. When we got our new computer one of the first things I did was download the Palm Software. It worked perfectly! Then we had to wipe our Hard drive because the computer wouldnt boot up correctly. Once again I tried downloading it again. Everything worked, except the HotSync thing. If you have a Palm you know that the HotSync thing is probably why I downloaded the software. I assumed that I scratched my CD or something so I tried going online to get the software. It states that this software will only work on whatever operating systems that it will work on. I dont remember. However, I do remember that it would only work on two editions of XP, Home and Professional. Does anyone have a solution to my dilemma? I really dont want to have to buy a new Palm.

just cos it says home and pro dosent mean it won't work on media centre edition , also try ebay you may be able to get hold of a copy of the cd there

sciencewiz01 said:
I have a Palm Zire 31. I just got a new computer and it is really good. It has 1 gigabyte RAM, 250 gigabytes of Hard Drive, Windows XP Media Center Edition. So it is really good. When we got our new computer one of the first things I did was download the Palm Software. It worked perfectly! Then we had to wipe our Hard drive because the computer wouldnt boot up correctly. Once again I tried downloading it again. Everything worked, except the HotSync thing. If you have a Palm you know that the HotSync thing is probably why I downloaded the software. I assumed that I scratched my CD or something so I tried going online to get the software. It states that this software will only work on whatever operating systems that it will work on. I dont remember. However, I do remember that it would only work on two editions of XP, Home and Professional. Does anyone have a solution to my dilemma? I really dont want to have to buy a new Palm.
Have you checked Microsoft site for ALL updates? Dont do the express update method, there is a custom update button, where there are other non essential addons that might help

as far as I know the drivers and everything are the same for XP home, MCE, and Pro...its just you get more add-ons for the MCE and Pro...it should work fine with MCE...

unless i read your post wrong and you tried it and it does not work...

Basically, Media Center Edition is just XP Professional with a few added media features. For anything that makes you choose between Home or Pro, choose Pro. It's what I always do, and I have no problems with it.

Back
Top Bottom