Network Cable/Ram Questions

Mgsupra1011

Baseband Member
Hey all, I play alot of games online(counter strike source etc etc) And i play on wireless that goes through 4 walls..i still get a 54mbps connection at excellent but i get bad ping spikes while in game. I wanna connect from my computer to the router downstairs how do i do this and what kinda of cable should i get..Maybe post a link to a good one i should get ..50ft-and above btw

The other question is im looking to get 512mb of ram 2700(333) for my comp 50dollars and lower to speed up a lil. can anyone point me in a direction in what kind or brand to get ? Thanx!!! :D

Does the router have those normal network ports? (don't know if the wireless ones do)
If so then just get a normal cable (rj45) and just plug the other end into the router and the other into your pc.

As for the ram, I'd recommend kingston, ocz, corsair, geil or mushkin. (might have forgotten about a few good ones, there are so many)

just thought to point out, thats 100ft, not 100m :p
100m would be something you would use to steal your neighbours connection :D

isnt 100M the limit on etherbert cables as well
EDIT>its the limit for gigabit network cables

mammikoura said:
just thought to point out, thats 100ft, not 100m :p
100m would be something you would use to steal your neighbours connection :D
Yeah, my mistake lol :)

Ahhh yeah its a Linksys router ..the wireless G 54mbps one...WRT54GL...and yeah i probly wont even need 100ft lol now that i'm thinking of it maybe like 75 or 50.Whats the whole c5 , c6 thing mean? is 6 faster then 5?

Yeah 6 uses a copper core if i remember correctly. 5 or 5e will do ya fine, they will both work fine and are cheaper then 6. Also 5e is same speed as 6 so its good for future upgrades, no need to replace the cable. Heres a link to explain it better
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_5_cable

Back
Top Bottom