AMD Quad FX Hits Retail

A killer machine though, would be with one of those Kenstfield cores, some DDRII-1111 (PC8888), an 8900GTX, and an intel 975X series...with that Bad Axe 2....Killer.

lhuser said:
A killer machine though, would be with one of those Kenstfield cores, some DDRII-1111 (PC8888), an 8900GTX, and an intel 975X series...with that Bad Axe 2....Killer.

don't forget about the floppy drive. :p j/k

lhuser said:

8900 GTX, eh?

Heh, I can't wait for the R600. Unconfirmed early benchmarks show that it already beats the 8800 GTX. The awesome thing? It's downclocked from the actual target clock speed and it's using GDDR3, not GDDR4. :D Early revisions of the R600 will use GDDR3 (January), but later revisions will use GDDR4 (March-May). :D

alvino said:
8900 GTX, eh?

Heh, I can't wait for the R600. Unconfirmed early benchmarks show that it already beats the 8800 GTX. The awesome thing? It's downclocked from the actual target clock speed and it's using GDDR3, not GDDR4. :D Early revisions of the R600 will use GDDR3 (January), but later revisions will use GDDR4 (March-May). :D

ati is taking for ever, by the time they release the beloved rd600 nvidia will be ready to launch a new line of video cards, that will probably out do rd600. ati/amd is too slow. and getting their ass kicked by nvidia currently.

It's coming out this month. You never know...everyone thought the 7800's would own the X850 when it first came out, but performance was hardly noticable and the price was way higher.

waiting and waiting. I can't wait for the new Elpida chips. 70nm and 1Ghz clocked from the factory, NOT buy companies like Corsair, OCZ, Mushkin who just bin the current Micron chips higher. And i can't wait to get my hands on the R600 march refresh, let alone two of them :D

elpida = DRAM...so completely OT. :p
8800GTX = 575/900 (core/ram)
8800GTS = 500/800 (core/ram)

Back
Top Bottom