New Computer!

shanus180

Beta member
Ok, im thinking about getting a new PC but there are a few things im unsure about and need help choosing. first off i was wondering should I go for socket AM2 or can anyone tell me something better like the socket AM3. also i was wondering if i should wait for ddr3 to come out? please help

Everyone will tell you to stay away from AMD and go intel right now. I can't really disagree with that, but I have an AM2 pc and I love it. It's a good choice if you're not totally committed to processor speed. I chose to spend more on my graphics card than my cpu, but it's really up to you. Intel is the way to go if you've got the dough.

Same here, intel is the way to go. lol, I'm doing exactly what D-Lew predicted. You must be a genius D-Lew, lol.

well go E6700
with a GeForce 8800GTS
and 4GB of DDR2 PC5400(?) Ram
and a 650W PSU

hahah that would be a DECENT setup haha anyawy...yeah INTEL is the way to go right now but I will not complain about my AMD 4600+ X2 its working great sooo...

superman22x said:
Same here, intel is the way to go. lol, I'm doing exactly what D-Lew predicted. You must be a genius D-Lew, lol.
I'm honored.
Well if you're thinking about AM2, it might be good for me to add that overclocking with the DDR2-800 turned out to be tricky. It's not very stable at higher frequencies and doesn't overclock as well as my brother's DDR-400, can't go over around 890MHz without problems. I used to get blue screens all the time. I had to turn my multiplier down and put my FSB way up, change the RAM frequency to 667 to get it to be slightly overclocked with my processor around 2.75GHz, up from 2.4 stock. It gets the job done at those speeds, for about $60 cheaper than a decent intel.

Yeah, im a loyal AMD fan (look at me sig), but i would have to say go intel at the moment. Better value and performance for ya money, and its socket 775 for the mobo.

Back
Top Bottom