WindowBlinds

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I've been told numerous times, and read a few posts here about it, that i can make my taskbar transparent with WindowBlinds. I am now using nView to make it transparent, but to be honest its crap, and causing issues with some other things...So i got WindowBlinds, but can't find where i make it transparent, so can someone please set me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Matt

i dont know about windowblinds but google 'glass2k' it's a really small file that will make your taskbar transparent, and it lets you make any window trans as well... ive used it and had no problems.

Thanks, good little program....but i just worked out why i'm having problems...i Have 2 monitors set up and my taskbar is on MOnitor B, lying vertically...and when i press Start, the start menu comes over the top of the taskbar, if that makes sense....it's all good, btu when i exit the start menu, it gets stuck behind the transparent taskbar, so instead of seeing the wallpaper, i see part of the start menu...this don't happen when the taskbar is horizontal because the menu doesn'tgo over the top of the taskbar, so i spose i'm in a bad spot lol....sorry about the long post lmao

Matt

umm, i dunno if im gettng the wrong idea here, but you can just go into taskbar properties and selcet 'auto-hide taskbar', that works for me pretty well. sorry if i'm gettin the wronmg idea i just got back form the pub :):):)

Lol, yeah sorta the wrong idea, i did try it with auto hide on, but that just made matters worse lol

Matt

i used to have windows blinds a long time ago. It slowed my old computer down so much. Does it do this to any of you guys? If not maybe I will download it again.

EcLiPsE said:
i used to have windows blinds a long time ago. It slowed my old computer down so much. Does it do this to any of you guys? If not maybe I will download it again.

Well, i too heard that from a few people saying it was slow....but my mate who uses it really suggested it, so i tried it again, installed it this morning, seems fine so far, hasnt crashed etc and pc seems just as quick as normal....

Matt

well i heard that you can edit your task bars, windows and your whole theame with window blinds but i still have yet to figure it out.

to tell you the truth, i have had the full version of windows blinds and it sucks compared to style xp.

the beauty of style xp is that it doesn't run in the background or doesnt need to be ran to have your theme or visual theme. it uses the resource file in your windows folder instead of program leaving your cpu free.

with style xp you can navgate everything so easily. mouse pointers, themes, sounds, transparency on certain windows (in your case)

heres a screenie by what i mean. it litterally takes your resource folder and makes it into a navigation program. pretty sweet if you ask me.
untitledat6.jpg

i like that program is it a free one or does it cost, well never mind ill find some way to get it free no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom