direct x problem

Taylor1

Daemon Poster
Im playing Call of Duty 2, and the settings for graphics and sound are default, and it doesnt look too good, so i try to put it to optimal settings. Thats what it recommends. After i click apply the screen turns black and i get that warning noise. i go into task manager to get to the desktop. And it says this: DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error. So it gives me the FAQ for directx automatically. It said to make sure my hardware accelerator is set to full. And to make sure all the Directx features are enabled in the dxdiag. Also to update video drivers. And i did all these things. It still doesnt work. I recently got my sound card, but it had been working right after i got it. And i try to play now and it doesnt work. Ive also tried reinstalling the newest version direct x. Im stumped. I just wanna play it with optimal settings without having to reinstall the whole game.

I've had the same problem with COD2 before (and by before i mean like 10 times). grabbing a different version of my sound drivers cleared things upfor me. Give them a try and let us know if it helps.

i did just that, i clicked optimal settings, and for a little bit i thought it was working, but the screen just stayed black, and then after 10 seconds i got the warning sound

Back
Top Bottom