Overclocked my 4200+ X2 (pics)

AMDpwnz0r

In Runtime
Over clocked my 4200+X2 as the title says... went from 2.20 to 2.55 on stock cooling, new antec 900 case, all fans on M. What should my temp be ? Am I too high? Or just right. thanks

Overclock.jpg

that seems ok. Don't really know too much about amds but I think as long as it stays under 60C under load it's fine.

Yeah, those temperatures seem to be alright. Idle doesn't matter as much as load, but as long as you don't go over 55 degrees Celsius, you're fine. I'd start getting concerned around the 52-54 area though. And nice overclock btw, using that stock cooler.

You should put a freezer 64 on there. My temps are pretty low and I'm overclocked about .35 GHz, have seen higher but it's unstable due to RAM. I bet you could make it up to 2.7 if you tried hard enough.

Just run two instances of SP2004 just to make sure it's stable and to make sure your load temps aren't too high.

When you say stock cooling do you have the heatpipe cooler or just the normal cooler? If you have the heatpipe one you should be able to push it a little farther..

I just noticed something though, you should have your LDT ratio(HTT link) at 3 probably. Not 2 like you have it.

The Amish Kid said:
Just run two instances of SP2004 just to make sure it's stable and to make sure your load temps aren't too high.

When you say stock cooling do you have the heatpipe cooler or just the normal cooler? If you have the heatpipe one you should be able to push it a little farther..

I just noticed something though, you should have your LDT ratio(HTT link) at 3 probably. Not 2 like you have it.

Thanks for all your replied guys...

@ Amish Kid... Its the normal cooler that came in the box with the processor... I plan to get a ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler

As for the LDT Ratio how would i change that

Yeah there will be an option in the bios that says something like HTT link. Basically you want your HTT link*FSB to be around 800mhz-1000mhz. So you should set it at 3 or 4. When I go over 1000mhz it gets unstable so I suggest 3.

Back
Top Bottom