How CF is failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
1. Rep system, this has turned CF into a popularity contest, and if you know me good enough I enjoy saying #%# off to populaity contets.
2. Post count, i'm sorry but its not really that big of deal. Recent threads such as OMFG! 1502152 to i hit this are just getting plain gay.
3. The overall ploitiness of the board is kinda distubring...
4. The helpfull ness on this board is lacking...
5. Mods that don't know their #### i'm sorry, on my lifting forum to became a mod not only do you need to be trusthworthy etc, YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR LIFTING related topics, we have mods in here that jsut ended up with mod status.

So my recommendations
1. Toss rep system out
2. Toss post count out (who gives a shit if you have 1,000 posts I know I don't)
3. Lets be real, sucking each others cocks 24/7 isn't going get us no where.
4. Lets get out of the social lounge aspect and start really hellping.
5. Reform the mods to a group of extermely smart, sharp resonposbilie poeple, and not distrubed 70 year old men.

Nik00117 said:
1. Rep system, this has turned CF into a popularity contest, and if you know me good enough I enjoy saying #%# off to populaity contets.
2. Post count, i'm sorry but its not really that big of deal. Recent threads such as OMFG! 1502152 to i hit this are just getting plain gay.
5. Mods that don't know their #### i'm sorry, on my lifting forum to became a mod not only do you need to be trusthworthy etc, YOU NEED TO KNOW YOUR LIFTING related topics, we have mods in here that jsut ended up with mod status.

So my recommendations
1. Toss rep system out
2. Toss post count out (who gives a shit if you have 1,000 posts I know I don't)
5. Reform the mods to a group of extermely smart, sharp resonposbilie poeple, and not distrubed 70 year old men.

1. Don't think it needs to be tossed out. It's getting a lot better now, haven't seen a thread complaining about getting negative rep for ages. We still do have the occasional "no one ever gives me rep, please give me rep now!" type of posts.

2. Yeah I'm not a fan of the "w000t I'm a guru now" threads, but they don't bother me. If I'm not interested in that kind of threads then I don't look at them. So I say the post count should stay.

3. -

4. Well we all know that helping people is what this forum is mostly for. But why shouldn't we be allowed to chat with other members? I enjoy posting in the social lounge, but I still help a lot of people. Though there are a few people who are just in the social lounge..
And btw, quite funny isn't it, you say that we should spend less time in the social lounge and help more, but out of your last 20 posts 2 have been helping someone, the rest being some "chatting" posts in the social lounge.. :rolleyes:

5. A mods job is to keep the forum in order, get rid of spammers and keep the peace etc. Sure it's great if they also help people with their questions, but I don't see why a mod should have to have a lot of knowledge.

Nik00117 said:
Reform the mods to a group of extermely smart, sharp resonposbilie poeple, and not distrubed 70 year old men.

lmao! :D

1) it's always been that way with most members..not a big suprize.

2) it's a very small deal, but members have a right to make such a thread, for example: i finally made it to 5000 posts. it is a thrill to get a # of posts that high, especially if your helpful and contributing to the forum, then i seen nothing wrong with it.

3) every forum goes though hard times, i ahve been here long enough to know things will works themselves out.

4) not everyone will know the answer to all the questions, we never said that we are all experts here, but i have seen the expertise in most. it takes a willingness to help out someone else with their problem.

5) maybe on your forum things are run differently, but when someone makes mod here, it's up to David to make the final call, us mods only make the suggestions to him.

Nik00117 said:

So my recommendations
1. Toss rep system out
2. Toss post count out (who gives a XXXX if you have 1,000 posts I know I don't)
3. Lets be real, XXXXXXX each others XXXXX 24/7 isn't going get us no where.
You knew this was coming, firstly bad language edited as usual, secondly, who are the 70 year old men?, hmmm,
blink.gif
, thirdly, I too don't care about post count, that can go, fourthly, the rep system stays as far as I'm concerned, it encourages members to help others, also those that give them enjoy doing so, can I take it that you don't have many rep points or rather the good green ones?, I have 17 green, what colour are yours, hmmm?, fifthly, there is an annoying twollop, whose username begins with "N", sixthly & lastly, said twollop can't spell.

Brookfield said:
fifthly, there is an annoying twollop, whose username begins with "N", sixthly & lastly, said twollop can't spell.

hahahha, I'm enjoying this thread. lots of lols. :D :D

Well, I agree that rep and post count should be tossed out. Neither of them conceren me. But I think mods don't nesseceraly have to be knowledgeable... There job is to keep the forum clean and help it run smoothly, not a lot of knowledge needed.

As for "3. The overall ploitiness of the board is kinda distubring... " I don't get that...

4. I help with what I can...

And I don't know why some mods care so much about swearing, if people didn't see or hear it here, they'd find it some place else. It's part of life. And if anyone doesn't like it, they can just as easily choose not to read that particular post or thread.

Just my two cents worth... :)

Nik....If you don't like the way things are around here then LEAVE! AND DON'T COME BACK!!

Tommy Boy said:
Nik....If you don't like the way things are around here then LEAVE! AND DON'T COME BACK!!
Could'nt have said it better myself :)

Toby said:
Well, I agree that rep and post count should be tossed out. Neither of them conceren me. But I think mods don't nesseceraly have to be knowledgeable... There job is to keep the forum clean and help it run smoothly, not a lot of knowledge needed.

As for "3. The overall ploitiness of the board is kinda distubring... " I don't get that...

4. I help with what I can...

And I don't know why some mods care so much about swearing*, if people didn't see or hear it here, they'd find it some place else. It's part of life. And if anyone doesn't like it, they can just as easily choose not to read that particular post or thread.
*It's not specifically in the rules, but "Profane language in threads is not conduct we like to see" & "blasphemous or obscene" covers it, I think, as a lot of so-called swearing comes in that category, do you not think?
Anyway, thank you for your views.

Nik00117 said:
People do whine about it, but David is punishing those who abuse it. I don't think it's much of an issue TBH.

Nik00117 said:
Yeah, you've got a point. Why boast about spending too much time on a forum?

Nik00117 said:
Don't know what "ploitiness" is. If you mean "politeness" then yeah, people could be a lot nicer.

Nik00117 said:
Make up for it yourself, then. If you're angry at people not helping, try to help out more yourself. People have different areas of knowledge, especially within the field of computers and computing, so some people probably just can't answer certain questions, as it's not their area of expertise.

Nik00117 said:
Ahem... I'm a computer science student, I know my shizz thank you very much. root is an IT technician at a major British University, setishock isn't a mod anymore but he's been computing for years and years and years, mr mixx and mark thorpe are both interested in computers and have a wide range of knowledge, Kage was doing a computer animation course...

Nik00117 said:
So my recommendations
1. Toss rep system out
I'd sooner toss you out.

Nik00117 said:
Okay, so I do partly agree with that. Even just disabling it in the Social Lounge to stop people spamming with total crap just to get to Guru.

Nik00117 said:
Sounds like you know from experience, just out of interest how long do your boyfriends normally take to climax, in a standard 18-hour session?

Nik00117 said:
Do the same yourself.

Nik00117 said:
LOL - you don't fit into any of those categories!

Seems to me you're hitting out at the mods because you're not one yourself. Never mind, you can always become the next US Defence Secretary as you're better than anyone else due to your military background.

If you don't like the way this forum is run, then go back to your "LIFTING" forum. I take "LIFTING" to mean weightlifting, don't drop the weights on your toes, sweetheart!!
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom