Quick answer please

shankles

Baseband Member
hey guys,

Ok so i currently have an geforce agp card, i downloaded some software called sissandra which was recommended.I browsed through buses and devices and saw the following information

System buses

PCIe bus(es) : 1
number of PCIe lanes : 16
PCI 64 bit bus(es) : 1
PCI bus(es) : 3
interface version : 2.30

Does this meen i have a pci-e slot on my mobo???i know by the looks of it it does but to be on the safe side...i was planning to buy a new PCIe card soonish how do i find out if i need to buy a new PSU??

thanks tell me if you need more info :D

how do i find out the model for it?

it is the intel 915p chipset and by the looks of it it does have PCI-e w000t.

So atm i have an AGP card in it how do i take this out put in a PCI-e ect do i need to change any BIOS/config around???

if you have an AGP card, then i doubt you have PCI-E, you might have a x1, but very much doubt you have a PCI-Ex16. Sisoft sandra will tell you the motherboard model

yes i just fucking realised i dont have an AGP card it is a PCI-e(fukin pc world workers gah)

motherboard --> intel 915p chipset
graphics card -->geforce 6200se turbocache

i have approx £200 to spend (£150 on graphics card £50 for etras (RAM) ect any ideas on what would be a good investment?

hahhahah. Yeah the stuff you posted says that you have 1 pci-e 16x slot and doesn't say anything about agp slots so I was kinda wondering how you would have managed to stick an agp card somewhere in there. :D

I dont know price conversions to US very well but 150 GBD converts to about $270 in US maybe? Well in that case go for a 7900GTX(I think thats in the price range). Or wait until the 8600GT comes out.

lol cheers for the help and not taking the pisss lool....
im kinda confused because i took of my case and i saw the 'pci-express lane'something was in it but it didnt look like a graphics card (photo to come) what is this??

i am going to go with http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=40YQ

looks nice and good but any idea what PSU i will need?and how to find out my current PSU?

That card will be just right for you. Oh and...your 6200TC, they don't have that in AGP. It's only in PCI-E.

The PSU you would need would be at least 400W. I'd say a 450-550W.

great choise on the vid card.
And for the psu you probably want something around 400W. If you are getting a new one try to get one with dual 12v rails.
And to check the current psu, just open the case and there should be some kind of sticker on the psu, telling you the wattage and the amps.

Back
Top Bottom