Eaten HD Space?!

Link1

Solid State Member
Hey, I am new to these forums so please excuse any errors specifically relating to these forums.

Alright, here is my problem. I am running kind of low on hardrive space. I only 8 GB left. Now, I can't usually see it when I am just exploring my computer, but when I use a program such as "AMUST Disk Cleaner" (A program where you can see what is taking up how much space on your harddrive via pie graphs), it appears that a folder named "System Volume Information" is taking up 7 gb of HD space. It should be located in my root HD directory (ex: C:/System Volume Information) but when I go to my hard drive, that folder isn't there. When I explore it from the "AMUST Disk Cleaner" program, there is another folder inside it called "_restore{A953....(a whole bunch of numbers and letters). Then, inside that folder are numerous other folders each containing about 44MB of stuff, and two other folders containing about each 2 GB of stuff. When I go into these folders, it seems as if it is stuff that I have deleted (sent to the recylcling bin) in the past. I obviously don't need these things seeing that I have deleted them. Would it be okay to delete these folders. I could use that 7GB of HD space. The only problem is there there is a lot of .dll files in the folders. I don't want to delete any valuable drivers or anything. Please help. I'd be much appreciated.

They are system restore points. If you delete them then you wont have access to any of ya previous restore points. You can reduce the amount of space it takes up by going to system properties and select system restore. Then click settings and adjust the slider to how much room ya want it to use. If you reduce it though, ya will lose some of your restore points

Thankyou very much. Looks like I have enough HD space for the time being. Thanks agian.

Back
Top Bottom