Damaged?

G35x

Golden Master
Man, I havent been in this section for ages :( ..But, my computer was restarting like no other for 3 full months..I used to clean my computer every month, those 3 months I didnt. I really didnt think not cleaning it was causing it, I thought my psu was on its way out..Then one day I opend it up (last week)..And bam, there was just a clod of dust on the heat sink under the fan..Vacumed it off (yea I know dont do that, but ehh) and running 2 weeks of no restarting..Wish I wouldve done this 3 months ago, you think I damages my cpu..Every time it restarted, I didnt turn it off :( I let it turn on, and then went back to using it.

Yeah I had the same problem with my computer restarting. I opened it up and bam there was dust everywhere. Clean it out and i thought I fixed the restarting problem but it still restarts sometimes (not as often though). I believe that I have to replace my psu. Cleaning it out also made the temps alot cooler. So you think that you damaged the cpu while you were cleaning it? Maybe you might of hit it with the vacuum, or created some static. Thats the best I can think off.

well since it's working fine I don't think it's damaged.
And whats wrong with using the vacuum (sp?) cleaner to get rid of the dust, thats how I do it. (most of the time) :D

Nothing, just Ive seen people say dont do it. Yeah, I guess since its still runs its fine..

You might want to run some benchmarks on your cpu just to be sure. I also vacuum my pc, theres no way I am paying for some compressed air.

Using a standard vacuum cleaner can cause static discharge. You can get proper pc vacuums tho

Actually, some vaccums have a blower. I should think to invest for an air compressor...but, I clean it with the brush, so yeah.

G35x, always clean your PC once a month.

Raffaz said:
Using a standard vacuum cleaner can cause static discharge. You can get proper pc vacuums tho

true, but you don't need to be hitting the hardware with the vacuum cleaner :D The only thing I touch with it is the case and maybe the cpu hsf.

Back
Top Bottom