Crap, I hope I didnt mess it up.

G35x

Golden Master
My dad has a mac g5 desktop, Ive started to use it now, and the safari shit is like all slow on me. When I type, like right now sometimes it doesnt type, and takes like 5 seconds to type. And then out of no where it goes back to normal. Also, when searching through threads with pictures, the scroll locks up on me, and it starts freezing. I think I somehow got adaware? I know its like impossible, but I restarted the computer, cleared the history and everything, and its still acting weird..

To the mac people, what is the best *free* program I can use to scan this computer clean. Ive nor my dad have ever ran a virus or adaware program on here, nor do we have one. I need something that will get the job done quick and easily..Thanks Guys!

Its my dad, he uses final cut pro, and lets not start the whole mac vs windows..I just need a good program that can help me clean whatver is messing this crap up..Welcome to the forums, I dont mean to sound mean or anything, just in a rush and dont want the thread going off topic..

Safari for the mac is not very good and doesn't work well with some websites. Firefox for Mac is a good alternative. You don't normally have to run virus or adaware scans on macs but you could get clam AV http://www.clamxav.com/

Hmm, I didnt know they had firefox for mac. I think I'll download that, but Safari has started acting up out of no where, Ive been looking at these sites normally on it before, but now its being dumb..Any good scanners or what not?

Sorry, Your right. Dont want you to go off topic. But if I were you, try Opera as a web browser. I use it on my Wii, and it works great. Try it on your Mac. Also, for a virus program for mac, try "MacScan". You can get a free trial if you google it.

I don't think your going to be able to get a free antivirus or spyware remover for the mac. Mac computers arn't really prone to viruses and spyware.

I just got firefox, and its working fine..I dont see how safari started acting all gay out of now where.

Back
Top Bottom