1and1?

hascet

Fully Optimized
Not sure if this goes here, but it seems to fit...well here it goes...

Anyone have any good experiences with them? I think i'm going to get a domain name from them...and once you buy it do they host it for you or is that an additional cost? If I sign up for the $.99 per month e-mail does that include e-mail thats like this blablabla@yourdomain.net? And do I need to get my own web template because I got one online thats HTML would that work with 1and1?

Sorry for so many questions lol, but this is my first time at this.

followed TRD corolla link...

followed links from that page...

http://www.simonjones.info/1and1internet/

that is pretty much exactly what I wrote just before christmas...
damned thing was that I actually caved in and payed the debt as I felt 1&1's customer service was so bad that I couldn't even bear to try to talk to them...

the end of the story is that their customer service sucks.
the don't listen to customers.
and they take more than their fair share of money from you.

the capitol example is that they've just take £25 in payment for a domain name, (name registra only I host my own DNS and files).
but they've also cancelled the account so that I can't use it.
I've paid for a service, + a late payment charge because I assumed that after I cancelled it, that I wouldn't have to pay for the forthcomming years service

and all links in the admin cp for the domain are greyed out so that it's completly unusable...

my advice as a 1&1 customer.

steer well clear.

yes, but on the other hand...

I've been charged more than twice as much for a domain that I don't want, that I asked them to delete (in writting by email).

they've charged me wrongly, and reffered my case to a credit agency, which basically means black marks against me...

now I'm not being funny, but that can, (and will) stop things in the future, like my ability to get post pay (contract) mobile phone, loans, overdraft facilities, credit cards car finance deals or possibly even a mortgage, (when the time come that I want to get my own house)...

Paypal probably love 1&1, paypal probably have a dedicated server farm from them at a very discounted price just so 1&1 can say that they have them, nothing speaks of god advertising like a big customer name...

but their customer support sucks, their cancellation procedure is archeic, their customer complaints sucks even more, and they frankly don't give a f*** about you their customer...

TBH, it might be a little more expensive, but if you are in the UK I'd definitly recommend Meir hosting, (www.meirhosting.net).
I've used them before as well, their customer support is principally on a first name basis, they answer queries questions and complaints either the same or very next day...

to answer the orignimal second question, I thikn there are some 5 'free' email addresses included in the basic hosting package, you'd have to check the site to be sure...

despite all the negative feedback about 1and1, i've had them for about a year now and have 7 domains and a server. I"ve used their support often and the people are pretty dumb they must have just grabbed them off the street. 1and1 does give you many nice templates to use.

thanks for the feedback, the only problem is i live in the us, so i couldn't use meir hosting compnay otherwise I would look into it.

Back
Top Bottom