DVD Drive

ace777

Fully Optimized
Hi all, I got a DVD drive for christmas and am just now trying to install it I inserted the cables as the instructions told me to do and when I try to play a movie in WMPlayer it says that The operation cannot be performed because the pins are not connected.What can i do to fix this?

-THANKS

Is the ribbon cable in properly, also do you have an extra one you could put on instead?

the pins :S .. u make sure. when u installed the IDE cable that the red (line of the cbale) was @ pin number 1. . and slson that none of the pins r broken or have bended

xcomputer said:
the pins :S .. u make sure. when u installed the IDE cable that the red (line of the cbale) was @ pin number 1. . and slson that none of the pins r broken or have bended
yeah check for the red line, that's a common mistake.

@ the back of ur dvd drive. were the 40 pin ide cables connects.. there will be an indication were no. 1 pin goes

Pin 1 will either be marked on the drive with a 1 or an arrow. and its the same on the mobo aswell. Chances are that you have got keyed cables if its a new system, so they will only go in 1 way. I would try another cable. And it seems a bit strange that the drive is recognised if the cable isnt connected

lol yyea true. usually its say. drive not connected properly or nothing will read @ all.. strange to say that ur pins are not connected.

Raffaz said:
And it seems a bit strange that the drive is recognizing if the cable isnt connected
That's exactly what I was thinking, that's kind of weird.

Back
Top Bottom