which is the best vista for gamers?

Fisher

Fully Optimized
I'm looking into buying vista. my needs are simple: gaming, gaming, movies, music, internet and gaming and abit more gaming. the Microsoft site wasn't to helpful with this but i got it down to home premium and ultimate.

now i dont want to give any more money to microsoft than i have to so if home premium can do the job i want it for then that will be fine.

Home Premium edition..no doubt. Ultimate has all the Home Premium has to offer, but just a little bit more for networking and hardware management.

i have used the final version of vista, both the home premium and ultimate, and home premium takes less disk space, is a BIT faster, and it isnt clogged with everything that ultimate has.

but wait, my suggestion is to not get vista at all.

1. compatibility problems
2. slow
3. takes 10 gigs of hard drive space
4. not much better functionality than xp

mammikoura said:
well since he is a gamer he probably wants to have dx10. (if he gets a dx10 card)

he doesnt have one yet...id wait as well...XP does what it needs to do and as far as im concerned it does it well... or well enough...

borat_sagdiyev said:
but wait, my suggestion is to not get vista at all.

1. compatibility problems
2. slow
3. takes 10 gigs of hard drive space
4. not much better functionality than xp

I installed vista RC1 on my laptop a couple months ago, IT WAS HORRIBLE the you had to run EVERYTHING in compatibility mode...like it was seriously ridiculous...nothing is easily backward compatible...

kjman87 said:
he doesnt have one yet...id wait as well...XP does what it needs to do and as far as im concerned it does it well... or well enough...

I installed vista RC1 on my laptop a couple months ago, IT WAS HORRIBLE the you had to run EVERYTHING in compatibility mode...like it was seriously ridiculous...nothing is easily backward compatible...
yeah you gotta run almost everything from xp in compatibility mode.

hmm if he wants a dx 10 chip chances are they will release dx 10 for xp with sp3 if they ever release sp3 for xp

Back
Top Bottom