Is it worth to get that extra gig of memory?

deff get the ram
cuz u cna have a fast ass cpu but with out good ram your comp will sux
pluse vista will use about 700 mb im gussing so....

2GB is deff worth it IMO, you will notice and difference and I doubt you will regret spending the extra money plus its dual channel so its even more effective.

What is a Windows Vista Capable PC?

A new PC that carries the Windows Vista Capable PC logo can run Windows Vista. All editions of Windows Vista will deliver core experiences such as innovations in organizing and finding information, security, and reliability. All Windows Vista Capable PCs will run these core experiences at a minimum. Some features available in the premium editions of Windows Vista—like the new Windows Aero user experience—may require advanced or additional hardware.

A Windows Vista Capable PC includes at least:

A modern processor (at least 800MHz1).
512 MB of system memory.
A graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable.
Windows Vista Premium Ready PCs
To get an even better Windows Vista experience, including the Windows Aero user experience, ask for a Windows Vista Capable PC that is designated Premium Ready, or choose a PC that meets or exceeds the Premium Ready requirements described below. Features available in specific premium editions of Windows Vista, such as the ability to watch and record live TV, may require additional hardware.

A Windows Vista Premium Ready PC includes at least:

1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1.
1 GB of system memory.
Support for DirectX 9 graphics with a WDDM driver, 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)2, Pixel Shader 2.0 and 32 bits per pixel.
40 GB of hard drive capacity with 15 GB free space.
DVD-ROM Drive3.
Audio output capability.
Internet access capability.

Read all of the Windows Vista Capable

I am going to definalty get the 2gb of ram (300$CND) but now should I get the 1950 PRO over the 7900GS KO??

LambOfGod said:
Yes get the X1950 Pro its got the lead in performance

and to back that up

http://www.techspot.com/review/28-radeon-x1950pro-vs-geforce-7900gs/

the X1950 Pro actually competes with the Nvidia GeForce 7900 GT

here the X1950 Pro Can be had for $179.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814161060

and the X1950 XT can be had for $219.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102067

not trying to jack the thread but who are the better ATI GPU manufacturers...like you have EVGA and XFX and BFG and stuff for nVidia but what about ATI?

kjman87 said:
not trying to jack the thread but who are the better ATI GPU manufacturers...like you have EVGA and XFX and BFG and stuff for nVidia but what about ATI?

Good question

Asus, HIS, Sapphire

Those are probally the best i would say

I have used many manufacturers/brands of ATI cards though so if you have a question about one, ask i can probally give you my first hand experience with it

I never thought to highly of saphire but hey, its the cheapest at this point. And if they have a good rep. BETTER FOR ME RIGHT ? thx guys

Back
Top Bottom