Problem booting up

Ok i tried tapping delete again and it appears to be loading the BIOS (i.e telling me the version of the bios and all that), and then proceeds to give me a "Keyboard Failure" error...and then goes back to prompting me to enter the setup or retry the booting.

Going into the boot menu, I selected booting it from the hard drive (in my case it was selection 3), and it gave me the same prompt as before..."strike F1 to retry boot, or F2 to enter setup utility"

Have ya checked that the keyboard is working properly? Have you got a spare one to try, could be a loose wire in it.

Ya could try resetting the bios from the jumper on the mobo, if it has one, and ya feel confident trying. Dont do dells so i wouldnt know personally lol

Ok well my day is ending...thanks a lot for the help and i hope you guys dont mind me continuing this tomorrow with you ;)...take care

well i wouldnt mind, except i have school, so i will be back on around this time tomorrow

Ok I would like to continue this today as I kind of need to have this computer fixed. Same error message is popping up ("strike F1 to retry reboot or F2 to enter setup utility"), and hitting F1 does not reboot, it just prompts me again. And entering the bios is a pain too since it sort of won't let me...all i can get into is the F2 setup option it gives me, which isnt very helpful. Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom