PSX on PC

Only the original playstation is worth emulating. The there is at best a decent PS2 emu, PCSX2.. which runs terrible on my PC.

The Super Nintendo emulators works great and there are TONS of ROMS for it too. I just recommend getting that. They're all over the place too.

Don't even bother with current-gen emulators. Running that stuff is already hard enough, but including a layer of software inbetween? Forget about it.

Of course, getting NES emulators are awesome. I love playing those old classics like Super Mario Bros. The graphics may leave much to be desired, but the gameplay is legendary.

alvino said:
Don't even bother with current-gen emulators. Running that stuff is already hard enough, but including a layer of software inbetween? Forget about it.

Of course, getting NES emulators are awesome. I love playing those old classics like Super Mario Bros. The graphics may leave much to be desired, but the gameplay is legendary.
Yeah, I played those a lot on real consoles.. awesome stuff.

The MAME emu rocks!, you know, those cool arcade games , in the movies, arcades etc. like Marvel VS Street fighter .. time crisis.. awesome games!, although i can't get it up and running.

Can someone post some cool sites to get some roms?

Awesome link. Now I just need to find myself a SNES emulator.

MAME rocks. My current project is to get a PC running MAME in a cabinet with a monitor and all the controls. Later I might even expand it and put in coin slots, nice speakers, art, etc. But I can't get any of my junk PC's running. I found a P4 gateway the other day with everything but a hard drive and power supply, so maybe I'll have more luck with that.

Noting. MAME is an arcade emulator (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator I believe). Basically it emulates a bunch of different arcade games, which is more complicated that you would think. A lot of them use different chipsets, processors, etc. and there's a lot of differences between manufacturers. But there are a ton of roms available. If you get it, I would suggest MAME32, it runs in a nice UI instead of command prompt and has a list of all the available games.

Back
Top Bottom