Ideas, Suggestions, And FeedBack

setishock

Wizard of Wires
Ideas, Suggestions, And Feedback

There's a lot of decent ideas running around in here. Using VB's built in search engine would cut down on a lot of redundant threads being made.
Some of the ideas being tossed around in here will be up to the discretion of the owner/admin. And like has been stated over and over, David has a full time job. Including travel time to and from work I would venture by the time he gets home, he's pretty shot out. Members here need to keep in mind school and a full time job are two totally different animals.
Now as for the "I want this and that" thing going on if you want to see something added or tweaked here, there are ways to promote your ideas. Not just start a thread and act like a horse's ass about it. You catch more flies with honey and sugar than you do with vinegar and salt. Check to see if a thread may have been created about what you have in mind. If there was then read it and see what happened to the subject. If it died then likely it will now also. If you don't find anything about your idea then make a thread.
BUT
Choose your words carefully. Put it down in a manner that doesn't come across like a demand. After all you're not in charge nor do you own this forum. You are, however you want to think of yourself, just a member here. How you come across to the staff and the owner will make a big difference in the reaction you get to your thread. Be nice. It's not that difficult to stop and think through carefully what you want to say and then put it in print.
But I see a lot of these "I want" threads being typed off the top of your heads and coming across like a demand. I don't speak for David but I personally don't cotton to demands. If you lay out an idea you have like talking to your mum then I bet you'd be getting a lot more positive attention and responses.

I understand that David has a job. Although, there's been quite a few "I want this and that" over here. Let's put it this way: this forum is fine the way it is now. You guys may not realise it, but a full time job and us, complaining at the same time, that gives him stress, and we want to avoid stress as much as possible.

Yup, nicely said. A lot of great ideas have been put out by the members, but some of them are more like orders than requests...

Back
Top Bottom