AllOfMp3.com sued $1.65 Trillion USD

iTunes UK is actually 79p per song,

TBH when I first went to Itunes it was 99p... I can only guess that it came down in price in response to napster setting a lower price, (shows it was more than a tad inflatde to start with)...

either way, it's still wrong that we are having to pay 50% more than the average american.

I was a touch wrong on the pricing because I don't shop at Itunes. I don't want DRM infestation, and I like walking nito music shops picking up discs and reading the covers.

As for iTunes DRM, it's easily broken if you really want to
So you are advocating breaking the law then??? the tunes are sold with DRM and it's leagally required that you keep the DRM intact...

as far as I'm concerned what you do in your own house is your own business, that's not the way that the RIAA see it, they like DRM it protects their investments, though thus far I think their only investment is actually in DRM software, since it's the individual labels that invest in artists!

FYI (for anyone who doesn't know -I'm sure DJ chris will know)in Canada there is a tax levy applied to CD's, this levy goes to the Canadian equivellant of the RIAA, (IMO that fnudamentalyl wrong, what about the people who buy CD's to copy data, why do they have to pay for artists they perhaps don't listen to, or what about local bands, why do they pay a tax to help established bands in order to axctually buy physical media to try to get their career started)...

anyway...

I'l assume that when DJ Chris breaks American law (by circumventing DRM) and break American law by copying the tunes to discs. that he feels perfectly fine because that's fine in accordance with Canadian law...
why is allofmp3.com different? what they are doing is perfectly fine in accordance with russian laws...

well here 1 billion has 9 zeros
Don't make me call you a noob too...
I wasn't talking about there, I was talking about in britain, and it was only joke to start with... (did you not notice that later in the same post as the original point I started using the phrase trillion?)...

as I said, in britain, (using traditional british 'long scale' measurements), 1,000,000,000 is one thousand million, or one milliard.

in traditional british 'long scale' counting, one billion is 1,000,000,000,000

that is why, (and this is important for all of you students out there), you should never write in a report, 1 part per billion, since the actual size of a billion is open to debate because of the introduction of americanised english 'short scale' measurements...

so I say again...
go back and read read what I said...

In Britain, and in the english language, (not americanised english language)
1,000 = one thousand
1,000,000 = one million
1,000,000,000 = one thousand million (or one milliard)
1,000,000,000,000 = one billion

to further elaborate the point I asked if bill gates fortune was measured by the English or the americans, percause he'd be a factor of a thousand times more risher if he was a billionaire by british scales rather than american scales

man it sure looks like root has some sand in his vagina, have a bad day or something? As you know us americans are biggoted, arrogant, and single minded. Being so I only work in the american ways, I americanize all foreign words, and eat my meat grilled and not boiled as you brits do.

BTW, bill gates is american. Therefore, his moolah is measured using the american system.

emo.jpg

BigLu said:
man it sure looks like root has some sand in his vagina, have a bad day or something? As you know us americans are biggoted, arrogant, and single minded. Being so I only work in the american ways, I americanize all foreign words, and eat my meat grilled and not boiled as you brits do.

BTW, bill gates is american. Therefore, his moolah is measured using the american system.

emo.jpg
im canadian, and i eat my meat boiled sometimes :) but now is the time for me to go downstairs and eat my chicken wings :D

i do enjoy chicken wings. as a canadian i will not be as hard on you because you are a close neighbor of my country. I have a high regard for canadians, as they have the mounties = the best of all military.

BigLu said:
i do enjoy chicken wings. as a canadian i will not be as hard on you because you are a close neighbor of my country. I have a high regard for canadians, as they have the mounties = the best of all military.

they mount things...hah.. :D

What has britian done for us?? Tax us without reprensentation, and give us the beatles. Whoopie doo!..

rakedog said:
It's not going to get shut down. RIAA is just firing off it's shit cannon again.

Alvino, did you just say you would like to download from the Zune marketplace? I think I just lost all respect for you.

At least itunes doesn't succumb to RIAA's royalty requests, whereas Zune marketplace gives a percentage of your money for every song you get from them.

In fact, I've made a simple analysis for you:

If we accept the conjecture that RIAA is the Devil:
If you buy anything from the marketplace, you're supporting RIAA
Therefore if you buy from the Zune marketplace you're supporting the devil.

LOL! Didn't know that. :p Oh well...go BitTorrent.

root said:
So you are advocating breaking the law then??? the tunes are sold with DRM and it's leagally required that you keep the DRM intact...

as far as I'm concerned what you do in your own house is your own business, that's not the way that the RIAA see it, they like DRM it protects their investments, though thus far I think their only investment is actually in DRM software, since it's the individual labels that invest in artists!

FYI (for anyone who doesn't know -I'm sure DJ chris will know)in Canada there is a tax levy applied to CD's, this levy goes to the Canadian equivellant of the RIAA, (IMO that fnudamentalyl wrong, what about the people who buy CD's to copy data, why do they have to pay for artists they perhaps don't listen to, or what about local bands, why do they pay a tax to help established bands in order to axctually buy physical media to try to get their career started)...

anyway...

I'l assume that when DJ Chris breaks American law (by circumventing DRM) and break American law by copying the tunes to discs. that he feels perfectly fine because that's fine in accordance with Canadian law...
why is allofmp3.com different? what they are doing is perfectly fine in accordance with russian laws...

I don't think their is anything legally binding you to keep DRM on music files in either the US or Canada. As soon as you burn iTunes music onto a CD that strips the DRM.

I also oppose the tax that's been implemented on blank media, it's unfair.

I personally think PUBLIC music services should get rid of DRM. This means PUBLIC music services you could do whatever you want with the music, as in unrestricted. For example following iTunes music store rules (not breaking DRM) I CANNOT play it on whatever mp3 player I want. I also can't put it on a USB key and play it at school, as I would need the iTunes player. I think DRM limits people from legally using the music how they want.

I however do not oppose DRM in non-public music applications, such as promotional music.

As you know us americans are biggoted, arrogant, and single minded.
Don't I just know it... the RIAA have some of your stubborness as well it seems!

man it sure looks like root has some sand in his vagina
No sand in my vag...

but it's ben a pleasure owning you...

yuo know that you're thourally owned when there is nothing you could come back with other than "go cry emo kid"...

pft! pathetic...

come back when you've learned to deal with big numbers...

FYI,
Britain gave you computers, and TV (at least the first broadcast pictures)...

No really, ya think...

if it wasn't enough, I already said that it was a joke, and the only reason I said such a thing was to point out to everyone around ghere that it's actually quite bad practise to refer to numbers by their literary names as aopposed to figures, because there are two scales of numbers, (possibly due to the fact americans can't cope with large numbers?)...

Anyway, as I pointed out in a previous post, once you go to numbers over 1 million, there are different names for different sets of numbers...

it was a small gem of knowledge that a professor passed to me whilst I was at uni, and I was just trying to enrich your otherwise sheltered little life, with some real useful information on this lounge amongst the rest of the bullshit that gets posted around here...

perhaps I should have just posted a picture instead...

you like the pretty pictures???

but I won't post too many else you might loose count and have to make up a new name for whatever number you get to before you get bored.

Back
Top Bottom