I've been looking at it for years, now, it's time to have it for years

lhuser

Golden Master
That's right! I bought a Saphirre Radeon 9600Pro Atlantis! The advantage edititon has it's memory clocked at 446MHZ, which, is a big increase from my FX5200, clocked at 320. It also has the OC features on it, but that, I'm not too much into OCing. Now, I'm looking at technical specs for it.

But, I think I'll enjoy this badass card :p

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: It's a 256MB DDR card.

The cores are the following: 400/444. They're preety nice, but it's not the highest speeds of a 8800GTX. The fan is silent, but at least, it spins lol!
DJ-CHRIS said:
It's still really really old :S Why would you get such an old card?
Because that old card is actually the card I wanted inside that computer. Nothing more. I don't do big gaming...I just want a card capable to do better than before.

Oh and..I also wanted a DX9 card in my AMD...and I obviously didn't want another FX in it. That MX4000 will sit in a PII, and I'll get those PIII cpus eventually. I read that a guy actually got a PC running stable with a 1GHZ Celeron, on a PII 400MHZ based machine.

I don't do much gaming either. My X300 surprisingly doesn't show any lag with dual monitors. Haven't tried gaming with dual monitors yet but that will probably lag a bit. For what I use it for it does a great job although I wouldn't mind upgrading to a 7600GT since they've come down in price a little bit.

lhuser said:
That's right! I bought a Saphirre Radeon 9600Pro Atlantis! The advantage edititon has it's memory clocked at 446MHZ, which, is a big increase from my FX5200, clocked at 320. It also has the OC features on it, but that, I'm not too much into OCing. Now, I'm looking at technical specs for it.

But, I think I'll enjoy this badass card :p

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: It's a 256MB DDR card.
How much did ya pay for it

I paid wit the taxes, 90 bucks. I run 2048x1536...and it works! I need to scroll the mouse to see over the other places though. But, it's weird lol!

Back
Top Bottom