RAM Additions

Jules2408

Baseband Member
I have a typical Toshiba laptop computer which has provision for adding RAM. I recently installed an extra 256 mg of RAM with a Kingston memory card recommended by Toshiba. The card was installed as per the manual and has been pressed into the slot as far as possible (although a firm fit). The Toshiba machine is otherwise stock standard with no other mods.

As far as I can determine (from running the usual system info checks) the computer is not recognising the extra memory and there is nothing in the manual indicating that there is any installation processing required once the new memory card is inserted into the machine.

Appreciate any advice on what I may be doing incorrectly.

Thank you.

what type is the other ram stick? what size, what brand, mhz if the specs dont match sometimes the computer will not recognize the addition, this is not always the problem, but if you can find that out i may be able to help

With a Toshiba, which I have, you can go to crucial.com and do the computer scan to see what is compatible, and if what you got is, then it's all just a matter of the computer recognizing it.

Have you tried turning it?

Have you tried switching it between the other slot and this?

There could be a difference in the Primary and SEcondary slots in terms of recognizing and such.

Back
Top Bottom