Switching video cards...

Sometimes mobos with onboard memory dont have PCI-E slots so make sure you have the right slot.

WOOOO FREAKIN HOOOOOO!!!!!

I got it all installed and everything. All I can say is WOW! I can run BF2142 on high settings no problem. I love this card. Thanks guys. Oh one more thing I switched my pcu because I noticed it was only a 160watt so i put in a 500 for now that I had and I am going to buy a bigger one and put this one back in my g/f's computer. Thanks for all your guys' help!

freestyler105 said:
You shouldn't have to do that, it should automatically ignore the onboard video once the new card is installed. I'm on a Gateway, and I never did it.

Thats correct.

And good Choice on the Vid card man, :D

Ok so I am a little dissapointed. It still lags when the video settings are set to high and even a little on medium. Only when a lot is going on but it still is enough to get me killed. BUT on high it lags like my old one did on low settings. Is it not my card? Is it something else? I am satisfied though. :)

as long as its not overclocked too high, were it may be artifacting, and the temps are staying in check

I would say the X1950 would be the last thing in your system to lag that game.

you should be able to max everything

also update the drivers

www.ati.com

Doing it as we speak. It looks like the same thing that was on the cd that came with it.... I guess its just a updated version??

EcLiPsE said:
Doing it as we speak. It looks like the same thing that was on the cd that came with it.... I guess its just a updated version??

thats right..

Well it seemed to help. It does still lag a little on high settings but maybe its just the latency from the server im playing on. Thanks for the help guys :)

Back
Top Bottom