AllOfMp3.com sued $1.65 Trillion USD

I would rather download from the Zune Marketplace. $14.99 a month for unlimited downloads when you sign up for the monthly Zune Pass. Then again, it makes sense to use iTunes if you have an iPod. Personally I don't like iTunes 7...

root, you are incorrect my friend, that is One Trillion Six Hundred Fifty Billion dollars. 1,000 = thousand, 1,000,000 = million, 1,000,000,000 = billion, 1,000,000,000,000 = trillion

also, you said it's 1 bilion sixhundred and fifty thousand million. a thousand million is a billion, so how can there be 1 billion and 650 billion lol.

PWNED-1.jpg

Wow...haha I was momentarily suprised when I saw that. :p Didn't expect it.

alvino said:
Seriously...I bet music will be so DRM'ed in the future that everytime you listen to your music you have to pay a small fee for "licensing". :rolleyes:
lol don't give them any ideas!!

It's not going to get shut down. RIAA is just firing off it's shit cannon again.

Alvino, did you just say you would like to download from the Zune marketplace? I think I just lost all respect for you.

At least itunes doesn't succumb to RIAA's royalty requests, whereas Zune marketplace gives a percentage of your money for every song you get from them.

In fact, I've made a simple analysis for you:

If we accept the conjecture that RIAA is the Devil:
If you buy anything from the marketplace, you're supporting RIAA
Therefore if you buy from the Zune marketplace you're supporting the devil.

DJ-CHRIS said:
I think the pricing of current online commmercial music is great.

Itunes has great selection, and it's only 99 cents a song. The main issue IMO is how to pay and DRM.

how's it fair that you pay 99cents per song from Itunes, and in britain it's 99pence per song...

with the current exchange rate british people are paying $1.92

but we do get a little break, if we buy via Napster we only pay 79 pence, and that's only $1.53... still only few cents more

so yes, assuming that I got to pay 50pence per track, I'd buy music from Itunes.
it it was only 50p then I'd happily put up with the DRM restrictions, and I'd happily put up with the fact that I couldn't play it on my windows based phone...

actually, who am I kidding, if I buy a single track, or if I buy a whole CD, I'm paying for the right to listen for that CD, i've bought into an EULA that says that I can listen to that CD at my leisure,
I agree to not distribute, broadcast or publically play the songs, and in return I get to be able to listen to the songs whenever I like...

A huge part of the reason that places like allofmp3.com are sucessful is that they don't enforce DRM onto people...

incidentally...
on the subject of DRM, (and since someone mentioned blu-ray as a drm forcing issue has anyone heard this (somewhat damming) report about windows Vista?
http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.txt

BigLu said:
root, you are incorrect my friend, that is One Trillion Six Hundred Fifty Billion dollars. 1,000 = thousand, 1,000,000 = million, 1,000,000,000 = billion, 1,000,000,000,000 = trillion

also, you said it's 1 bilion sixhundred and fifty thousand million. a thousand million is a billion, so how can there be 1 billion and 650 billion lol.

PWNED-1.jpg
:rolleyes: Noob :rolleyes:

go back and read read what I said...

In Britain, and in the english language, (not americanised english language)
1,000 = one thousand
1,000,000 = one million
1,000,000,000 = one thousand million (or one milliard)
1,000,000,000,000 = one billion

to further elaborate the point I asked if bill gates fortune was measured by the English or the americans, percause he'd be a factor of a thousand times more risher if he was a billionaire by british scales rather than american scales.

Duh

Yes you just have been...

perhaps if you had learned to read properly before critisising?
or would that have been too much hard work,

perhaps you were just waiting for a chance to use that picture...

anyway, as I said...

learn to read noob.

iTunes UK is actually 79p per song, which works out at about $1.50 right now. We're still getting screwed over.

Mind you, DRM and all this legal shit isn't going to solve anything. As long as music physically exists, there will be piracy. DRM cannot stop the pirates. What are they going to do, ban hi-fi equipment?

The technology to pirate music has existed since the end of the 19th Century (seriously, they were making voice recordings in 1890, I heard one at a museum).
Music will be free forever, if you go back to basics and stop trying to hack DRM.

root said:
go back and read read what I said...

In Britain, and in the english language, (not americanised english language)
1,000 = one thousand
1,000,000 = one million
1,000,000,000 = one thousand million (or one milliard)
1,000,000,000,000 = one billion

to further elaborate the point I asked if bill gates fortune was measured by the English or the americans, percause he'd be a factor of a thousand times more risher if he was a billionaire by british scales rather than american scales.
well here 1 billion has 9 zeros

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1000000000_(number

sooooo 1,000,000,000,000 is 1 trillion :D

UK31337 said:
iTunes UK is actually 79p per song, which works out at about $1.50 right now. We're still getting screwed over.

Mind you, DRM and all this legal shit isn't going to solve anything. As long as music physically exists, there will be piracy. DRM cannot stop the pirates. What are they going to do, ban hi-fi equipment?

The technology to pirate music has existed since the end of the 19th Century (seriously, they were making voice recordings in 1890, I heard one at a museum).
Music will be free forever, if you go back to basics and stop trying to hack DRM.

Well the British ALWAYS get screwed over. You always pay more for stuff than everyone else.

As for iTunes DRM, it's easily broken if you really want to. Burn to a CD than re-rip it. Also re digitally recording the music works too. This works on more than iTunes DRM, also works very well against the new .epm music files that are being used inside the music industry.

Back
Top Bottom