AllOfMp3.com sued $1.65 Trillion USD

Lets say in the unlucky event they win the case

What are the chances of them even getting paid?

I'm not sure who did the maths but...
$150,000 USD for each of the 11 million songs downloaded
one hundred and fifty thousand times eleven million is actually only.

if you count in English that's only one billion, six hundred and fifty thousand million
(there are twelve zeros after the one in a English billion)

Does anyone know if bill gates fortune is measured in england or America?

either way... it strikes me as distinctly unfair that the RIAA are demanding that much money for each song...

surely, each song has to have ben sold for less than a dollar else people would have still gone to Itunes?

so the company couldn't have made that much money, I'm going to have a good guess that each track possibly sold for ~$0.25...
11 million * 0.25 = 2,750,000 (a little over two million), how does that figure get scaled up to that kind of epedemic 1.65 trillion?!?

I don't exactly agree with what allofMp3.com does, I mean the artists do deserve money, but I do completly agree with their pricing structure, they have taken into consideration how much they have to pay to their RIAA counterpart and done that to stay leagal, then they've worked out what it costs them to supply the tunes and made a profit thereof, and not a huge profit either. notice that each track is priced differently according to the file size...

CD's don't cost a lot to produce.
MP3's cost practically nothing to produce and are infinitly copyable, without using more raw materials.

if the IRAA / Itunes etc could adopt a realistic pricing stratagy then people wouldn't be forced to download from these alternative sites.

root said:
I'm not sure who did the maths but...

one hundred and fifty thousand times eleven million is actually only.

if you count in English that's only one billion, six hundred and fifty thousand million
(there are twelve zeros after the one in a English billion)

Does anyone know if bill gates fortune is measured in england or America?

either way... it strikes me as distinctly unfair that the RIAA are demanding that much money for each song...

surely, each song has to have ben sold for less than a dollar else people would have still gone to Itunes?

so the company couldn't have made that much money, I'm going to have a good guess that each track possibly sold for ~$0.25...
11 million * 0.25 = 2,750,000 (a little over two million), how does that figure get scaled up to that kind of epedemic 1.65 trillion?!?

I don't exactly agree with what allofMp3.com does, I mean the artists do deserve money, but I do completly agree with their pricing structure, they have taken into consideration how much they have to pay to their RIAA counterpart and done that to stay leagal, then they've worked out what it costs them to supply the tunes and made a profit thereof, and not a huge profit either. notice that each track is priced differently according to the file size...

CD's don't cost a lot to produce.
MP3's cost practically nothing to produce and are infinitly copyable, without using more raw materials.

if the IRAA / Itunes etc could adopt a realistic pricing stratagy then people wouldn't be forced to download from these alternative sites.
when you said the songs there cost 25 cents, that is not true

1. they charge you for mb's of data downloaded
2. for one song it would be around 3 cents

Yeah I've seen several sites in Russia who also use the same loop hole They are never going to get $1.5 trillion though but hopefully they will succed in shutting them down

root said:

Very true.

I think the pricing of current online commmercial music is great.

Itunes has great selection, and it's only 99 cents a song. The main issue IMO is how to pay and DRM.

Back
Top Bottom