Problem booting up

Sorry I wasn't aware of the above posts. The type of Dell is and OptiPlex GX60 Series. And as for navigating around the bios, at the bottom keys only tell you to move up and down, press enter and whatnot to change settings, ESC to exit, and pressing F1 for help...nothing with respect to loading optimal settings

the boot order should be HD, Floppy, CD-Rom

if your installing an operating system, put the CD-Rom First

Try using the right and left arrow keys, they should take you to different screens. Move allong to the exit tab, where you can save settings etc, and see if the load default setting is there.

Unfortunately I can't scroll left and right (yes this is foreign to me too). Its simply just 1 screen in this setup.

Are you definately in the BIOS? According to what im looking at on a webpage some optiplex computers can enter the BIOS from the delete key, so it might be worth restarting it and tapping delete, to see if that helps

hmm I could be in just some random setup...I believe I've tried the delete key at bootup, but i'll give it a try again.

Just looking at ya comp, try F12 and you should get a boot menu, then select the corresponding number next to the HDD in the list, and see what happens. Post any errors if ya get them

Back
Top Bottom