Car Thread!

1002027ey9.jpg

1002029nt4.jpg

Those pictures suck. The white doesn't come through well from the pictures I've taken. You just have to be there in person to see it.

.....and presenting the only spy shots of what could be the all new 2008 Toyota Corolla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corolla.jpg

http://www.autospies.com/news/Real-Life-Pictures-of-the-2008-Toyota-Corolla-10176/

Here's a couple of good "aussie" cars.

My car. 6cyl Ford Falcon Futura.
MyCar9.jpg

My sons car. V8 Ford Falcon TE50.
MichaelsCar002.jpg

250Kw of raw power!

wildchild2 said:
Here's a couple of good "aussie" cars.

My car. 6cyl Ford Falcon Futura.
MyCar9.jpg

My sons car. V8 Ford Falcon TE50.
MichaelsCar002.jpg

250Kw of raw power!
Oh my God.
If that Falcon is gone tomorrow morning, you know who took it.

That's my favorite color, too. You Australians get all the cool Fords.

Hi Dan, you like the blue one, do you? It's a beast of a car to drive. The acceleration is simply awesome. It is a special edition Ford Falcon that is hand built. They strip the standard engine and rebuild it. Each engine is built from start to finish by ONE mechanic and is signed by him. This one is No 153 of only 204 built.
I think you would have to fight my son for it, it's his "baby".

Here's a few more pics.
MichaelsCar008.jpg
MichaelsCar006.jpg

MichaelsCar003-1.jpg
MichaelsCar004.jpg

TRDCorolla said:
3 months? They cost a lot too. That's pretty dissapointing how they have such short life. I may just try out different bulbs too if it's going to be like that. I still have my daytime running lights on too so that sucks even more.

I don't know. In the long run, it might be better to invest in a xenon kit and HID conversion. They last a long time.

OMG, now that it's totally dark outside--whew. Talk about hyper white. I love it. I have never seen a beam like that before (yes I have, but it's different when you see it coming out from your own car). It's actually white. Yes, WHITE. W-H-I-T-E. That is white by the way, like the color of my car (super white), the crayon white. It's so white, that it looks blue from the distance. So good.

Hope they look good when i saw Silverstars in person didnt like them that much did you see the ultra ones???

BTW im getting my LEDs today for my dome conversion, plates and reverse lights cant wait to see how they look :D

And next 8000k HID's :p already know a local shop that can get me a kit.

D-Lew said:
I had the idea of getting LED's on the plates before the Lexus came out, then I was like crap, it's not original now... I wonder if I put UV lights back there if it would make my tag glow blue-ish? And if that would be legal. I can see a cop giving me a hard time about that, but technically, the light is not blue, it's purple. It just happens to reflect blue. ;)

Oh yeah, Koni kit goes on tomorrow morning. I can't wait!

LoL dont try UV or you will be a cop magnet for sure... :p still picky if the light of the leds i bought gives to many blue on my plates and giving them a reason to stop me :X

The more I look at that blue beauty, the more I fall in love. They really need to bring cool cars like this to the U.S.

I saw the Ultras too when I bought my Silverstars. They are extra bright I think, but I want to try this one first before I get the next one. I figure if Im' going to be replacing halogen bulbs once a year, I'll have fun experimenting with different ones. So the Silverstar Ultras are next possibly.

But the ones I got look pretty good. I didn't really want that blue look, more like the hyper white look and those Silverstars are giving me that. At night, the beam looks almost bluish, but I think it's more of the white--just not use to seeing that since I'm so use to the yellow stock bulbs. Ugly. Now I can't see myself going back. I still have them saved in case I blow a bulb and don't have time to get more.

wildchild2 said:
Hi Dan, you like the blue one, do you? It's a beast of a car to drive. The acceleration is simply awesome. It is a special edition Ford Falcon that is hand built. They strip the standard engine and rebuild it. Each engine is built from start to finish by ONE mechanic and is signed by him. This one is No 153 of only 204 built.
I think you would have to fight my son for it, it's his "baby".

Here's a few more pics.
MichaelsCar008.jpg
MichaelsCar006.jpg

MichaelsCar003-1.jpg
MichaelsCar004.jpg
That's really neat, I didn't know there were specially built Falcons like that, that's intense. The only other car I can think of that's similar is the Panoz in Georgia where they are handbuilt and signed by all the workers. Sounds like a real gem, though. It's the same color as my car if you didn't catch my post earlier, it's a little before your's. Got any shots of the whole engine bay?

Dan, I can't find any engine bay pics here at home at the moment and he's away at work with the car but there is pics of all the cars we have owned on my CarDomain site. All Fords of course!
Have a look here.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2168488/1

How do you like the Focus? Is it the one with the Z-tec engine?

I forgot, he has a CarDomain page too. It's here
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2303197

There is a link there on the left to the specs for the TE50.

Back
Top Bottom