sound card... which one?

EricM

Daemon Poster
well ive finally decided to upgrade from my onboard sound and i have narrowed down the choices but cant decide what to do. i currently have a set of 2.1 altec lansing speakers (VS4121) but am also looking to upgrade to a set of 5.1 speakers.. but not quite sure if im willing to spend the money to get the logitech z5500s... maybe the z5500e's or the x-530s. i listen to music the most... followed by gaming, and then watch movies. i was leaning towards the x-fi xtreme music.. theres a 20 dollar rebate on ncix.com right now so i can get it for 88 dollars canadian! but i also came across the auzentech x-plosion http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=17753&vpn=BGI-HDAXP-D&manufacture=AuzenTech which has dts connect and dolby digital live and an optical connection out which i could use to plug into my 7.1 receiver which i have for my home theatre. but the majority of the my computer is hooked up to these 2.1 speakers, soon to be 5.1 if i upgrade. i am really undecided on which card to get so some other opinions may be helpful. so what would u get?

x-fi would probably be the easiest to hook up to a logitech 5.1 system, and i personally have heard one of these, and it is crystal clear, i think for music you would love it, and for games you will finally be able to hear that one guy that comes from behind, and instead of him stabbing you, you stab him;)

bullzi said:
x-fi would probably be the easiest to hook up to a logitech 5.1 system, and i personally have heard one of these, and it is crystal clear, i think for music you would love it, and for games you will finally be able to hear that one guy that comes from behind, and instead of him stabbing you, you stab him;)

Eh the X-530's are about as muddy as a swamp. They should like total shit imo.

^^^^ I totally agree. I can proudly back that up because my roommate just got the X-530 during Christmas time. It sounds "Ok" and the bass is thumping loud but the clarity is horrible!!!!!! Get the Z-5500 like me. You won't regret it. That thing is the mother of all PC home theater. Oh, and get the X-Fi chipset too.

ah, well i just listened to one at best buy for about 20 min. cause on of the guys was trying to sell it to me, sounded good there, but thats at best buy... i

Nik00117 said:
I have x-530 and if your not a audio freak they are great.

yea they arent bad at all. I have them too. And i also have the Xi-Fi Xtreme Music, and it sounds awesome.

Back
Top Bottom