Pit Bull Terrier kills five year old girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brookfield

Golden Master
TV news reported today that a five year old girl was mauled to death by a pit bull owned by her uncle, her grandmother suffered severe lacerations & is in a bad way in hospital.
Since I last posted a series of killings a few months back, British law has clamped down on these dogs, & made it illegal to own one, & this only because of a huge wave of protests & petitions forcing parliament to act quickly, a thing they don't do often, the family is in deep shock, especially her uncle, he loved her her a lot, but I don't feel sorry for him the b*st*rd, if he says he didn't know about the new rule, in this country & no doubt others, "ignorance of the law is no defence" so I hope they bang him up for a l-o-o-o-o-n-g time!

The sad thing about all these attacks is that they can easily be prevented. Those dogs aren't "family" dogs- too aggresive.
As I said, they are illegal as family pets, or any other way, I have a strong imagination, & as I listened to the news report, in my mind I could see the large powerful animal, ripping the helpless child limb from limb, I was going to have my usual fried breakfast, but I had a slice of dry toast.

I like dogs, but not pitbulls. I've heard of too many attacks and they don't have a good reputation because of them. I think they should be illegal in the US as well.

I'm a dog lover as well, but I would never own a dog that I would be afraid would bite or attack someone. If anyone wants a suggestion of an excellent dog to get, get a golden retriever. They are one of the nicest dogs I've ever seen. Will hold the flashlight for you while you rob the house....lol

Anyway, I hope the guy goes to jail for a long long time.

a pitbull down the street from me attacked another dog, and my dog came to the rescue, put the pitbull in critical condition, hooray for labs :D

PCNoob said:
The sad thing about all these attacks is that they can easily be prevented. Those dogs aren't "family" dogs- too aggresive.
As I said, they are illegal as family pets, or any other way, I have a strong imagination, & as I listened to the news report, in my mind I could see the large powerful animal, ripping the helpless child limb from limb, I was going to have my usual fried breakfast, but I had a slice of dry toast.
Exaclty, why have a dog that has been bread for aggression and to fight as a 'family pet' with a 5 year old kid? :rolleyes:

Like I say, I'm pretty damn sure Pitbulls are banned under the Dangerous Dogs Act in the UK.
You're right they are, I have a friend in the PDSA & he is continually inundated with complaints about dogs that come under that act & 9 out 10 are pitbulls.

Well, here, my mother said they were banned and not. Just make sure you educate it right. It should be banned everywhere.

It is illegal to breed pitbulls in Australia. We don't have many here. Soon there will be none. Labradores are responsible for more dog bites in Australia than any other breed. I own a beautiful 2 year old doberman. The aggression is being bred out the breed. He's my fourth and he has the best nature. He's great with kids and loves his new playmate. A 2 year old poodle. But try and hurt either one of us.......well, they don't call them man stoppers for nothing. What I really love about this breed of dog is they don't have to be taught to be protective. It's their natural instinct. The worse thing you can do is to teach a dog to attack. Best way to ruin a good dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom