Another XP installation error... :(

I knew it automaticly went to HD, so i wondered if the CD was needed at all.

Anyway, I tried it and after it restarted it and booted to the CD it just went as if to start the whole setup again, the boot priorities where:

HD
CD

Why boot to the CD again, if ya had installed all the files. Did you press a key to boot from CD again? Have you reformatted ya disk, or removed the partition, to clear the incomplete OS that ya have attempted to install previously. What happens if ya dont have a CD in the drive, what error do ya get?

Ive just looked at ya sig, and noticed ya running 2 HDD's, are ya installing the OS to the correct drive? Try removing ya second drive, and installing the OS then

I just left if running like ya said and the CD was higher in the boot order than the HD so I guess it booted from there, no I didn't press any buttons. I formated with the XP disk, yes. If I have no CD in my drive it says something along the lines of 'Insert bootable media.'

I would normally be using 2 drives but for the installation I removed it and have only the one HD and one CD-RW drive.

This isnt going to plan is it, If you have copied all the installation files from CD to the HDD, then you shouldnt be getting an "insert bootable media" from using the HDD. Are ya drives SATA or IDE? You maybe have ya boot order set to boot from IDE and not SATA, there is normally a section in the BIOS for SATA priority aswell, so make sure thats done. Read ya manual about it, it should be in there.

Just noticed ya sig doesnt have ya mobo model aswell :)

All of the drives are IDE, I haven't upgraded to SATA yet. I've updated my sig so my mobo is in there, its an Asus P5B Deluxe.

Yeah, I will, thanks. Right now I'm erasing my harddrive with the manufacturers utility. Thanks for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom