I need suggestions...

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
I have started my own website here and it looks rather awful and I really need suggestions on how to improve it.

• I need suggestions on what skins I should use for the forum.
  • I need suggestions on whether or not the current skin for Wordpress is good or not, and if not, what type of skin would be best.
  • I need suggestions for how to implement some sort of easy to use arcade system, preferably through the MyBB forum software rather than static HTML.
  • I need feedback on whether or not switching from phpBB to myBB was a good idea.
  • I need suggestions on whether or not the advertisements are in good places to keep the neatness of the website intact.

Also, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I think the advertisments are in good places and I like the little 1&1 promo paragraph ;).

If I where you I'd change that header picture to something a little less... generic. Do you know how to use CSS? If so you can make some nice customisations that will make the site look more 'yours'.

Yeah, I could work on the logo a bit with Photoshop but thats on a lower side of my priorities right now. I'm more thinking of content, design, etc. Yeah, I thought the little advertisement box would look okay on the sidebar rather then in-your-face banner ad on the top like I have on the forums. :D I did place a longer one on the bottom though.

Any suggestions for the forums?

I need suggestions on what skins I should use for the forum.
Make your own. With the skinning system MyBB has, it should be easy. I don't want to plug my site in, but this is what I'm talking about.(Click on community forums) Both themes where either modified, or especially made for the site. I'm running two systems, but to the average user it looks like I'm running one. I've always felt the main site should always match the forum closely, so the continuity stays in place.
I need suggestions on whether or not the current skin for Wordpress is good or not, and if not, what type of skin would be best.

Customize it. Hard to believe this is the theme I started off with for the main site.

I need suggestions for how to implement some sort of easy to use arcade system, preferably through the MyBB forum software rather than static HTML.

Google MyBB plugins.

I need feedback on whether or not switching from phpBB to myBB was a good idea.
Yes

I need suggestions on whether or not the advertisements are in good places to keep the neatness of the website intact.

No, put it between the shout box, and the MyBB banner.

I have the text ads between the MyBB banner and the shoutbox so putting the image ones there too wouldn't look right. :confused: I'm not interested in skinning myself... sorry

(1) Sorry about that. Can a moderator move it, please?

(2) I would appreciate it if people could take the time to join and even post to help out the forum a little bit.

Back
Top Bottom