CPU problems yaaaay!!!

dedb33t

In Runtime
ok people, Im back again!

Ok as many of you know, I have been having stupid CPU problems..Umm today I was mega super uber bored, So I decided to give it another go.

I hold the Heatsink down into the slots and turn the PC on, Temprature stays at 50C... (Stock core 2 duo fan/heatsink)

Ok the plastic things are broke, So If i let go of the heatsink it gets to about 100+ c...

What can I use to tie it down or something?

Any ideas?

--Thanks--

I don't think there is anything you can use.. even the 50C you are getting now is a lot for a core 2 duo idle temp.

"the plastic things are broken"
plastic things from the heatsink of from the mobo? If it's from the heatsink then I'd just buy a new hsf.

I have an Asus P5B-E.

I cant find a good heat sink that will fit in, The northbridge is in the way.

The plastic things of the Heatsink are broken. And when the comp was fine a few days ago, It was 70c on idle...I tested the thing now and It stays at 50c under heavy load.

So yeah, Any idea's? I dnt have any money to buy a new one, I already had to buy lots of extra stuff for this setup.

50C on heavy load isn't too bad anymore. But there definitely was something wrong if it had idle temps of 70C. (as far as I know the conroe shouldn't go over 60C in any situation)

But I don't know if there is anything you can do, I'm not familiar with the socket 775 stuff. But you can always try everything :D. My heatsink broke once so I attached it with duct tape and I got reasonable idle temps. So you can experiment with different stuff, just make sure that you don't brake anything and if the temps go over 60C then I'd just shut down the computer, you don't want to damage your cpu.
Also if you have warranty left you should find out if they will replace the heatsink for free.

Those MacGyver solutions might work, but it's definitely not recommended to keep it running like that forever, for me the duct tape was just a temporary solution (2-3 weeks or something like that) so I could use my cpu while I was looking for a new hsf.

mammikoura said:
50C on heavy load isn't too bad anymore. But there definitely was something wrong if it had idle temps of 70C. (as far as I know the conroe shouldn't go over 60C in any situation)

But I don't know if there is anything you can do, I'm not familiar with the socket 775 stuff. But you can always try everything :D. My heatsink broke once so I attached it with duct tape and I got reasonable idle temps. So you can experiment with different stuff, just make sure that you don't brake anything and if the temps go over 60C then I'd just shut down the computer, you don't want to damage your cpu.
Also if you have warranty left you should find out if they will replace the heatsink for free.

Those MacGyver solutions might work, but it's definitely not recommended to keep it running like that forever, for me the duct tape was just a temporary solution (2-3 weeks or something like that) so I could use my cpu while I was looking for a new hsf.

Ye happened to my I just used bit of super glue you are going to have to splash bit more cash mate unfortunalty..but at least your computer will work fine

Hmm well this system cost me around 1000 bucks. I just got it like 2 weeks ago, Not sure if they will replace the heat sink, I guess I can use duct tape temporarily. Maybe I can use that while they replace it, I'll call them 2moro....Call the shop or intel??

Ok my cousin has a spare Pent 4, I can maybe use the heatsink from that? She has never used that PC.

Also, THe comp Im on now is a Pent D, And under load it stays at 40C.. With the stock fan.

Ummm I dunno im going over my friends house in about 2 days, I'll figure something out there. I might try to get the spare heatsink as a backup thing, But the heatsink that is in now, one of the plastic thingo's is stuck in and no matter how hard I pull it wont come out, If I pull much harder the mobo will snap so yeah.

Dont try messin with it anymore mate seriously just make problem harder to fix..try ringing up were you got it and asking them if not use the spare heatsink like you said

call the shop. If they don't replace it then you could try intel too.
If the p4 is the same socket then it should work fine.

And duct tape has a melting point of around 100C (I think) so it probably won't melt even if it touches the hot parts of the heatsink. But still be carefull.

Hmmm I'll try calling them, If I cant get the spare heatsink I'll just tie it down with something until I have enough money for a good one that actually fits onto my mobo.

--Thanks for the help guys--

+Rep

Back
Top Bottom