Dell XPS comps

ahhh....ok so from the earlier posts, what would you say would be the best idea to go with?

draik said:
ahhh....ok so from the earlier posts, what would you say would be the best idea to go with?

I'd say since you're on a budget go with an AMD athlon X2, 2GB RAM and SLI. That should be more then plenty to play most games.

So what do you think of these specs? It hits right at my price level, and seems to carry all I need. I can do a ram upgrade to 2 gigs a little down the line also.

CASE: Hot New! X-Cruiser Mid-Tower 420W Case W/ WINDOW, MultiMeter Display & Control (Blue Color)
CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlonâ„¢64 X2 3800+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
MOTHERBOARD: (Socket AM2)GigaByte GA-M57SLI-S4 nForce 570-SLI Chipset DDR2/800 SATA RAID PCI-Express MBoard w/GbLAN, IEEE1394, USB2.0, &7.1Audio
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)1GB (2x512MB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: NEW !!! NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS 256MB PCI Express x16 Video Card
VIDEO CARD 2: NEW !!! NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS 256MB PCI Express x16 Video Card
LCD Monitor: 17" TFT Active Matrix LCD Display Monitor
HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (250GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Data Hard Drive: NONE
Optical Drive: (Special Price) 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: 16X DVD ROM (BLACK COLOR)
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Thanks for the help :). I'll think it through tonight and prob order it tommorrow once I deposit the cash in my bank :).

that new build looks good to me. The SLI will definitely be good for gaming as well.

Back
Top Bottom