AllOfMp3.com sued $1.65 Trillion USD

Perfect example of when you mess around with the property of major conglomerates. Would you look at that, Time Warner, Vivendi, and others join together to sue one website.

Seriously...I bet music will be so DRM'ed in the future that everytime you listen to your music you have to pay a small fee for "licensing". :rolleyes:

Allofmp3.com uses a loophole in the Russian law. Simply said they are basically paying public performance fees. A record company / distributer would typically get 0.015 per song. In the end, an Artist would get 0.0003 cents per song.

What allofmp3.com is doing is immoral and illegal and I fully support any actions that the RIAA takes upon it.

Well if it's a loophole in the Russian law, then get the attention of Russia to fix it. If it was a loophole in American law, I'm sure the RIAA would do the same as well. The site is based in Russia and it's in compliance with Russian law. At least for now.

alvino said:
Seriously...I bet music will be so DRM'ed in the future that everytime you listen to your music you have to pay a small fee for "licensing". :rolleyes:

I'm never giving up my CD's :D I bet all this whole blu-ray hype is about DRM to so the companies think we're stupid and not let us copy or record anything.

Also, if they're in Russia doesn't that not make them able to be prosecuted by U.S. law or something since they're not in the U.S.?

Yeah, they're based in Russia. In accordance of American law, what they're doing is actually illegal so after seeing all that bullshit the RIAA shits out, it's a nice thing to see them do something right.

This is funny. Party because I absolutely despise RIAA, and I think it's amusing how they are making complete retards of themselves. They think they can actually do shit about a company that's not in their jurisdiction. This 1.6 trillion amount is bigger than the GDP of most countries, and RIAA knows that they can't do anything about a company that operates in Russia, but this is just their last-ditch attempt to make people notice them and their cause.

I'll consider getting stuff from AllOfMp3.com, simply because they don't have any DRM on their music.

JikuzeN, you DO realize that the artist himself gets a TINY percentage of the money you spend on a CD? If you care about the artist, go to a live show. That's where they get their money, and everyone knows that.

And you can't pirate HL2, you'd need a steam account to do that. Get your damn facts right.

rakedog, it is very possible to pirate half life 2. i did that before i actually bought it cuz i wasnt sure if it would run on my pc.

Back
Top Bottom