Antivirus For Old Laptop 75Mhz,16Mb

alexpattison

Baseband Member
Hi i have an old toshiba t2130cs laptop which has some sort of pentium cpu running at 75mhz with 16Mb ram and a 520Mb HDD. I would like to know if there is any type of anti virus software that would run on this old laptop. as i think AVG free is too demanding.

Alex

does firefox run on them specifications.

I still would like some sort of anti virus protection aswell just to be safe

i wouldn't mess with AV software on that old PC. I don't think many programs would run on it anyways as far as antivirus goes. You could give AVG free edition a try but there's no need since the computer is old. just use a firewall and you're set.

unless your dowloading u dont need any thing and i dout your doing any thing with that lap top exsept surfin the web
my suggestion sell it on ebay and buy a new laptop for 100 bucks thats brobly got a 20 g hard drive 256 ram and xp on it

esa193 said:
unless your dowloading u dont need any thing and i dout your doing any thing with that lap top exsept surfin the web
my suggestion sell it on ebay and buy a new laptop for 100 bucks thats brobly got a 20 g hard drive 256 ram and xp on it

LOL ya I'd have to agree with you. Basically a 75mhz computer with 16mb of ram is a giant calculator. Finding programs that run on those specs will be rather hard.

Back
Top Bottom