Internet shutting off every 5 mins

karling07

Daemon Poster
OK, weird problem

we just got a linkisys wrt545g router and over the past few days the internet has been slow (comcast's fault), but now, every 5-10 mins, the internet just stops working! And the onlyt way to get i t back working is to unplug/replug the router power -- but i dont see how this could be a problem with the router since its brand new...

Any ideas?

Thanks

hmmm... do u have any other electrical appliances running at same speed as ur router or adapters that causes interferencce and mae sure no electrical appliance is within at least one foot from it.

i have comcast up in PA and its fine. Could it possibly be the LAN or wireless card on your PC not working correctly? I've heard of DFI boards with bad ethernets that did that.

Jackson.MacKenzie said:
OK, weird problem

we just got a linkisys wrt545g router and over the past few days the internet has been slow (comcast's fault), but now, every 5-10 mins, the internet just stops working! And the onlyt way to get i t back working is to unplug/replug the router power -- but i dont see how this could be a problem with the router since its brand new...

Any ideas?

Thanks
Update the firm ware on it,every linksys router has different reworked firmware.

Back
Top Bottom