Saddam Hanging

well umm they cut away when he is about the get tied in on the news video, but the second one shows the whole thing. looks like the camera was hidden under the coat or something cuz only 1 camera was allowed in and that was the news camera.

IRT #17
By 'us in the West', I was referring to those who ordered this, carried it out, filmed it, and enjoyed watching it, which I class as evil acts. Us in this context being England and America. Of course not everyone in those countries are evil, as neither were everyone in Iraq. We did however vote our leaders in (well, I presume we did, I've never met many people who admitted to it!), so we must share some of the guilt.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by saying you welcome all creeds, beliefs etc. I am a white English Christian, but that does not stop me having compassion for a person of another country and faith. It was also the lack of tolerance I was bemoaning.

The Sheep said:
IRT #17
By 'us in the West', I was referring to those who ordered this, carried it out, filmed it, and enjoyed watching it, which I class as evil acts. Us in this context being England and America. Of course not everyone in those countries are evil, as neither were everyone in Iraq. We did however vote our leaders in (well, I presume we did, I've never met many people who admitted to it!), so we must share some of the guilt.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by saying you welcome all creeds, beliefs etc. I am a white English Christian, but that does not stop me having compassion for a person of another country and faith. It was also the lack of tolerance I was bemoaning.
I'm 17, can't quite vote.. yet.

I don't feel it was an evil act to execute him, but I do find it completely unnecessary that he had to be hung, and filmed while doing it... I don't care who it is we're killing.. they don't need to be documented or some shit.

He got a taste of his own medicine. He was a very evil man, and he got punished for it. Simple as that.

I personally won't watch it, I don't think I could tolerate it. I have a weak stomach and I don't think I could handle it. Not only that, but I don't think he's worth remembering. He was a piece of scum that's now off the earth. Now to move on and forget about him.

Brookfield said:
I totally disagree, & strongly object to you tarring everybody in the west as evil, there are many many in the east who are though, wasn't 9/11 an evil act??? :mad:, I could go on, but I suspect that with you, it would be a waste of my breath, when you joined CF, you must have known that we welcome all creeds, whatever their beliefs, but I think that it would be judicious of you to tone down such remarks, that's not a threat, just some sound advice, 99% of members are very tolerant, but there is a limit.

You obviously take everything too seriously. Is the west evil? To a certain point, yes. Obviously no one wants to point to themselves and say it was they who is causing foul, so no one does it. Saying that only the east is evil is pretty biased and just shows me your true colors. Is everyone in the Middle East considered a terrorist? Absolutely not.

Obviously you are not tolerant, because you can't even stand it when someone criticizes the west. Either that or you're just not open minded enough. :rolleyes:

Ronco Rox said:
you know that once your hung properly (in this case) your neck snaps causing instintanious death, right?
actually not to start a fight but it was said it took him a good 2 minutes after the hang for him to completely die so yeah....

Back
Top Bottom