External Harddrive Question

TJ6900

Solid State Member
Is it possible to install programs and or games on an external harddrive and have them workable on your computer and other computers without installing and all that hassel. Im wondering for a recording project I may be doing for school soon and it would make it alot easier to have this option.

I don't think so because many programs have to install to specific places like "Program Files" and "Windows files". Maby if you installed a Operating System on the drive and had it bootable somehow but that's very confusing.

personaly i don't think it would work in any computer but the one it was "installed" on. simply because most games install keys to the registry, and with out those keys, it cannot run. while the original computer could run it (it has the registry keys, and the links are all set to teh external) another comptuer couldn't.

Is there a possibility to install an operating system like previously stated or is that out of the question?

for the most part its out of the question. that is, if your using windows. XP has a built in feture that if the major specs of the computer change, you will need to re-activate it. plus, every time its connected to a different comptuer, you would need to re-install drivers for best system performance.

Back
Top Bottom