Help with outlook express/thunderbird help! Rep for you!

i want a laptop

In Runtime
OK, um, using this, and yahoo express...

http://help.yahoo.com/mail/pop/pop-06.html

I go to logon, I type in my password I hit OK. This is all after I have set all of this stuff up and it supposedly should work.

I hit OK, the little login screen goes away for like 1 nano second, then comes back on, so i hit cancel. So I go to that little window and go to the errors.

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid user/password', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x00CCC92

and my password is correct! I am putting in the right password! Don't say I am not, because i am, the one i use here works on mail.yahoo.com the website. so like wtf!

I also have thunderbird installed and all the same settings in it. I put in my password for that and it says, Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pop.mail.yahoo.com responded: invalid password.

WTF!

I'll give you rep if you can get this to work!

Have you subscribed to the Yahoo! Mail Plus service? Use gmail if you want a service that will give you pop and smtp for free. Send me a PM if you want a invite.

Yahoo said:
Yahoo! Mail users can read their email in Outlook Express by subscribing to the Yahoo! Mail Plus service. This service allows you to use Outlook Express or another POP3 client to access and manage your Yahoo! Mail messages.

Looks to me like you have to pay for that service. If you don't subscribe to yahoo mail plus, then you are out of luck.

Yes, it's a subscription, like Hotmail Plus. Need a Gmail Invite? PM me. I have 97 left.

From the Yahoo! Mail site:
The ability to access Yahoo! Mail via a POP3 email client (such as Outlook or Outlook Express) is only available to customers of our premium Yahoo! Mail Plus service.

i want a laptop said:
damn it!

I got a gmail account, it is F*CKED over with spam though, quite ridiculous.

that's odd. I use gmail and all my spam goes into the spam folder. Never have I gotten spam in my inbox, might want to try beefing up your settings on the spam filter and see if that works.

Back
Top Bottom